Monday, March 16, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #190: The Only Fantasy I Will Read This Year (Probably)



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at Book Date and Unleashing Reads.

I didn't post last week because I kinda forgot 😅 Okay, well, I was working on it Monday evening but then I fell asleep and never posted it. I literally only woke up to brush my teeth and get into my PJs then I went back to sleep. Lol. Anyway, here is what I've read the last two weeks.


What I finished reading:

When Life Gives You Demons Crush the King  (Crown of Shards, #3) The Cheater (Fear Street, #18)

When Life Gives You Demons was about demons and exorcisms and it was actually really cute. I liked it! Crush the King is the last book in the Crown of Shards series, and I also really enjoyed it! I don't read fantasies, like, at all (literally like one a year), but I love Jennifer Estep's writing so it's no surprise I liked this one! That being said, this is probably the only fantasy book I'll read this year 😅 Nothing against the genre, it's just not really for me 🤷‍♀️ The Cheater was meh, but that's just how it goes with Fear Street books sometimes.


Currently reading:

Japanese Demystified, Premium 3rd Edition (Demystified Language) Dead Time (The Murder Notebooks, #1)

I read like maybe two chapters of Japanese Demystified, but hey at least it's something after not having picked up this book for a while. And then I started Dead Time which is a mystery/thriller but it's pretty meh so far.


Up next:

The Song of Achilles

I just got this one from the library so I'm gonna be starting it pretty soon here, before my mood moves on to something else. Lol.


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. I grabbed The Song of Achilles on an audible sale last summer and was planning on listening to it in advance of visiting Greece this summer... Guess that holiday plan isn't going ahead! :( Anyway, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling 😩 I was going to Mexico City in about a month, but that is definitely not happening now 😭

      Delete