Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review: Cabel's Story (Dream Catchers #1.1) by Lisa McMann

Cabel's Story (Dream Catcher, #1.1)
Title: Cabel's Story

Series: Dream Catchers #1.1

Books in this series: Wake (#1) | Fade (#2) | Gone (#3)

Author: Lisa McMann

Publication date: 2010

Published by: Simon and Schuster Publishing

Source: own e-book

Add it to your Goodreads shelf

Read it for FREE here!

Synopsis:

A free online story by Lisa McMann. A companion to the first Dream Catcher novel, Wake, this is Cabel's perspective of the field trip that Janie and he took with their English class.

My rating: ★★★★★

It took me like 20 minutes to read this :P But it was interesting. I liked getting inside Cabel's head and knowing what was going through it.

This is "A free online story by Lisa McMann. Based on the first Dream Catcher novel, Wake, this is Cabel's perspective of the field trip that Janie and he took with their English class."

However, it also describes the night of the Homecoming dance when Cabel offered his skateboard to Janie on the way home. Which was super sweet by the way.

I really liked this... novella, I guess. Or short story... whichever. Anyway, the point is it was a really good read, plus it was quick.


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a comment! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I didn't even knew it was free! I don't remember the field trip with their English class. I do remember him giving the skateboard to Janie though. Can't wait to read it. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That link might be broken since it's been quite sometime since I posted this, but I'm sure if you look for it, you can find it somewhere! I remember really enjoying this POV though!

      Delete