Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Review: Poison (Elemental Assassin #0.1) by Jennifer Estep

 Poison (Elemental Assassin #0.1)
Title: Poison

Series: Elemental Assassin #0.1

First book in this series: Spider's Bite

Author: Jennifer Estep

Publication date: 2011

Published by: Jennifer Estep

Source: Free on author's site

Add it to your Goodreads shelf

Read it for free HERE!

Synopsis:

This short story takes place when Gin is a teenager and is told from the point of view of Finnegan Lane, Gin’s foster brother.

My rating: ★★★★☆

Finn’s POV, yay! So Finn is Gin’s foster brother, I guess you could say. She grew up with him after Fletcher, Finn’s dad, took her in when her own family was murdered. In this short story Finn finds himself in a bit of trouble, but don’t worry, Gin to the rescue!

It’s been awhile since I last read an Elemental Assassin book, and I cannot believe I forgot how badass Gin was! Well, not exactly forgot, but I guess I just didn’t realize how awesome she was even when she was younger! This book takes place weeks after the murder of her family, when she was only thirteen years old!

This short story dives into the early relationship between Gin and Finn, and boy did he not like her. Like, at all. It was very shocking to learn why he felt this way toward Gin. But I really loved this insight into their past and seeing how that dislike turned into the sibling-like relationship they presently have in the series.

I absolutely loved this! Even for a short story, there was a pretty good recap of which character is which, plus a little recap of when Gin first arrived. There was a bit of action, Gin being her badass self, and there was also great character development. I highly recommend Poison if you’re a fan of the Elemental Assassin series!


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a link to your review or comment below! :)

2 comments: