Monday, February 19, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #356: Give Me More Sci-Fi Horror


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


I did not like this as much as I did Six of Crows, unfortunately, but I also didn't hate it. Lol. I do like the world and the magic, but idk... the political stuff and the frustrating relationship between Mal and Alina did not do it for me. And I don't think I really liked Aline much? Idk. It was fine. I would say it's a solid 4-star series, maybe? I know I don't sound very enthusiastic, but compared to Six of Crows, this series was disappointing. But again, it wasn't bad! I swear! Lol.


Currently reading:


I'm taking a short break from the Grishaverse because I have been craving sci-fi horror lately. I'm about a third of the way through this one, and so far so good! This one is about a crew who go investigate a shipwreck of a ship that was missing for over 90 years! So far I am very intrigued by the mystery and I am very much looking forward to the horror part of this sci-fi horror to kick into gear!


Up next:


And after that, a space horror by the same author! I've never read anything by this author, so hopefully I have good luck with From Below 😅


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. ooh sci-fi horror is such a niche genre I completely forgot about 😂 I have read only a couple of these and I loved most of them so maybe I should revisit this genre 🤔 right now I'm reading Lightlark because I wanted to see what everyone was talking about in their rants 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 😂 I have been really into it this last year or so!
      👀 I have not heard of Lightlark. Goes to show how much attention I pay to what's tending 😂

      Delete