Thursday, October 10, 2019

Finish the Series #2: Off To A Great Start!



In the past I've done these Random Reads posts where I would randomly choose a series to finish, but that hasn't worked out that well for me, me being a mood reader and all, so I decided that I would just pick a couple of series I'm in the mood for every so often and then post about it to really cement in that commitment 😅


Last month I picked seven series I wanted to finish, and here is how things went:



I finished three out of the seven!! AND I also finished another one I wasn't planning on...

Spartan Destiny (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #3)

So technically, I finished FOUR series in the last month! 😲 That is pretty good for me, especially considering that in the first 8 months of 2019 I had only finished one. Lol. And I knew I wasn't going to finish all the series I chose. I picked a bunch of them because I needed some variety, considering I didn't know what I was gonna be in the mood for. But overall, I think did pretty good!


My goal for the next coming month or so is to finish at least HALF of the series I have picked below:

The Evil Moon (Fear Street: The Cataluna Chronicles, #1) The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

I'm gonna roll over The Cataluna Chronicles because I still really do want to finish that one! I also want to finish The Babysitter, which is a four book series. I read the first book a year ago so I only have three books left. And they are very short books, so I should be able to finish this one pretty quick. Oh, and then there's The Mortal Instruments. I had been putting off finish off this series for a LONG time. But I recently finished book four, so I think it's time I finish it. I have two books left in this series, but they are BIG books, so we'll see how things go.

Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1) Blackheath (The Blackheath Witches, #1) Ink (Paper Gods, #1)

So I got an ARC of Crush the King, the last book in the Crown of Shards series, so I'm thinking I'm gonna finish this one pretty soon here, too! The Bleackheath Witches is a duology (to my knowledge) so I only need to read the sequel to finish it. I really loved the first book, so I'm hoping to get to this one soon! And last is the Paper Gods series. I read the prequel novella a while back, but I just recently read the first book in the series, Ink, and I really enjoyed it! This is a trilogy so I have two books left to read plus another novella. I really want to get to this one... I actually already have book 3 from the library, but I am still waiting on book 2. Hopefully that will get here soon cause I'm getting impatient. Lol.


So those are the series I am hoping to get to in the next month or so! Wish me luck! 😅 Lol.

Let me know if you've read any of these series or if there is a series you are working on finishing right now 😊

4 comments:

  1. Such an interesting concept! I read so few books per month that my series goal has simply become finishing one series at a time as well as not actively starting any more series (sometimes I'll read a book and then it becomes a series, though!). I can focus on whatever series I want, which helps if I'm in the mood for a particular genre or author, but I'm also slowly working my way through my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! 😊 I decided to do this because I am just incredibly bad at finishing series. I mean, I want to continue a series but I never get to it for whatever reason. Lol.

      That's awesome! I know how hard it can be to tackle the tbr pile, so it's cool that you're able to make a dent it, even if it's slowly. And I love that you're not starting any new series, that is very smart!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! 😊 I was honestly surprised at myself 😅 lol

      Delete