Sunday, November 1, 2020

Monthly Wrap-Up: October 2020


My month has been more of the same... my grandmother is still not doing well. My parents are back down in California visiting again but I stayed back home with the kids this time. I'm hoping she'll turn a corner soon, but honestly, I just don't know.

In other news, I've been playing less Animal Crossing and reading more! Well, it felt like I was reading more, but really, I read the same amount of books as I did last month 😂 BUT I did write some posts/reviews this month, which is something! I feel like I'm finally emerging from the slump... hopefully! 🤞

Books read this month:

The Perfect Date (Fear Street, #37)Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2)The Trailwalker (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #13)

I read 3 books this month, and they were all part of a series. I enjoyed them all more or less... the one that was quite a surprise was Hunting Prince Dracula. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book, but I actually enjoyed this one much more! It makes me really excited to read the rest of the series.

Favorite book of the month:

The Trailwalker (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #13)

However, my favorite book of the month was definitely this one! I love the Ellie Jordan series and this was another great installment! The setting at the camp was really cool and the mystery was very intriguing! I can't wait for the next book in the series!

Least favorite book of the month:

The Perfect Date (Fear Street, #37)

And my least favorite was this Fear Street book. Fear Street books can be a hit or miss, and this one was kinda a miss. I always love the atmosphere of the books, but damn, the main character in this book was such a tool! He was incredibly unlikable, which I think was the point, but still! I hated the guy!

Books Reviewed in this month:


The Necromancer's Library (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #12) by J.L. Bryan | ★★★★★

The Trailwalker (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #13) by J.L. Bryan | ★★★★★

Other Posts



Buying Different Editions of the Same Book

Giveaway! Ends November 7th.


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

6 comments:

  1. Even if you read the same number of books that you read last month, if you FEEL like you're out of the slump, that makes all the difference in the world! I'm finally past my reading slump as well!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm hoping it's for good this time! I'm so glad you're out of your slump too!

      Delete
  2. Sending prayers and positive vibes for your grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your grandmother isn't doing well! I hope things improve.

    I'm not reading as much as I want at the moment either... Life and everything going on in the world are just sapping my motivation, I think. :(

    Here's to a better month!

    ReplyDelete