Friday, July 1, 2022

2022 Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag


It's that time for the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag! I love doing this and seeing what books I've been loving and what books weren't maybe all that great.

1. Best book you've read so far in 2022.


What can I say, I love my Shadowhunters 😆 I am a sucker for them! And I absolutely loved these new characters!! I am excited to see where this story goes because I love it!

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2022.


Who's surprised? No one! 😂 I love this book! I absolutely love the characters and the story and just the relationship between Gemma and Leo 🖤

3. New release you haven't read yet but want to.


This author's book that was published last year was not my favorite. I didn't like it. But I've liked his other books, so I'm gonna give this year's release a shot.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of 2022.


There are three books I am equally excited about! First if Cursed (November 8th 2022), the sequel to Gilded which is a fairy tale retelling of Rumpelstiltskin. Gilded was AMAZING and I cannot wait to see how things wrap up, because that ending was yikes!

And then, of course, some Jennifer Estep! She was TWO more books coming out this year and I am SO excited! Only Bad Options (September 20th 2022) is a sci-fi romance and I just cannot wait to read it! Her romances are the best, AND I'll I've been reading lately is sci-fi, so yes please!

And the last book, Sugar Plum Spies (November 8th 2022), is the sequel to A Sense of Danger which is filled with spies and assassins and just a lot of action! So excited for this one too!

5. Biggest disappointment.


I first read this book back when it was released, like, 10 years ago or something. I re-read it intending to finish off the duology because it has remained unfinished this whole time, but... I don't think I liked it as much this time around? I mean, the story was interesting, but I just didn't care for the characters. I remember absolutely loving it, so yeah, it was surprising how little I liked it this time around.

6. Biggest surprise.


One thing I have discovered about myself that really surprised me is that I LOVE nonfiction books about horror movies. Lol. These are two I have read this year and I loved them!

7. New favorite author.


This was such a great story! I love this world and how DONE everyone is with this maniac running around killing people 😂

8. Newest fictional crush.


Zane omg 😍 I love him! He is so sweet and I just loved how their fake relationship started to turn a little more real than they intended. Lol.

9. Newest favorite character.


I love Gild! He is SO sweet but also really mischievous and it was just so much fun!

10. Book that made you cry.


If you've read this book, then you know 😭 This book is about the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland and basically how she came to be the way she is. I figured something horrible had to happen to her to make her that way, but omg 😭 It still got me! 😭😭

11. Book that made you happy.


Creepy middle grade books by Kiersten White make me so happy! They're hilarious and spooky and I just love them!

12. Favorite book to movie adaptation you've seen this year.


Unless you count anime, I don't think I've seen any so far this year? But I've watched some Attack on Titan and Dr. Stone, and both of those are good!

13. Favorite post you've done this year.


I'm a nerd and I like numbers 🤓 lol

14. Most beautiful book you bought so far this year.


Okay, so I didn't buy these this year... I believe I pre-ordered them back in August? But they arrived this February and they are gorgeous! I cannot wait to read these editions because they are annotated by Cassie Clare! These are from LitJoy Crate.

15. What books do you need to read by the end of this year?


I really want to catch up on the Shadowhunter Chronicles, and I'm almost there!


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow - those Cassandra Clare books are truly gorgeous! I can see why you love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! They were a bit on the pricey side, but no regrets! 😅

      Delete