Tuesday, November 28, 2023

My AMBITIOUS End of the Year TBR


This past weekend I was at a baptism, and in my family, I am the resident book nerd that reads at every party. Lol. But lately, I've been in such a weird mood where I just don't really know what I want to read and have been in a borderline slump, so I didn't read at this party like I usually do. One of my cousins, however, was reading at this party. She said she read the entirety of the first ACOTAR book the previous day, and that she was almost done with the second book on that day of the party 😲 Those books are HUGE! Anyway, she inspired to get my ass into gear because the year is coming to an end and I am embarrassingly behind on my Goodreads challenge.


Like I said, embarrassing 🙈 So I have put together a list of books I'm hoping to read before the end of the year, my mood be damned. I am so sick of being a mood reader and I am going to ignore my mood for a minute because it doesn't even know what it wants these days anyway, and I'm just going to pick up books and read them as I please. How long will this last? Idk, I give it a week before my mood is like, "Hey! What do you think you're doing? I'm in charge around here!" 😂




Blood of My Blood has been on my Currently Reading shelf for weeks now. I need to get back to it and finish it because I was really enjoying it! (And it would be another series complete!) And another series I'm almost done with is the Krimson Empire! I have been binge-reading this series this entire month and I'm enjoying it! I have one more book (that I started yesterday) and one novella to read before I'm done with the series. And then, of course, the new Cassie Clare book! Ah! I'm so excited! I JUST got this one in the mail and I'm so excited to read something new from Cassie!



But also Shadowhunters 🙈😆 I love my Shadowhunters, okay? And I have a couple more short stories and one book to get to before I'm completely caught up. Ghosts of the Shadow Market is a pretty huge book though, so we'll see. Lol.


And surprise of all surprises, contemporaries! I got an ARC of Betting on You and I still haven't read it 🙈 (it's out today!) BUT last year I discovered I love Lynn Painter's books, so I'm very excited to read it plus all the short stories and novellas she's put out! (Typically I have to be in a very specific mood for contemporaries which is why I haven't read the ARC yet, but I'm going to get to it in December! I swear! Maybe... 😅)


Olympians is another series I'm almost done with! I just have two more graphic novels to complete the series! And these are very quick reads! Plus, I got an ARC of his new graphic novel series with Norse gods! I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw this book on Netgalley and realized he was doing Norse mythology too! And this year I discovered that I love Astrid Scholte's books, and I should be getting The Vanishing Deep pretty soon! I'm so excited! (Plus that cover is so pretty!)


With the new Percy Jackson TV show coming out in under A MONTH (I'm so excited!!! 😆), I feel like I need to re-read the first book to prepare. It's been so long since I read The Lightning Thief, and I think this is the perfect opportunity to read the illustrated edition I've had forever! And maybe I'll read those other two Percy Jackson books I haven't read yet as well. The Ghost Queen is a short story retelling of The Emperor's New Clothes that I just got from backing a Kickstarter project from Nikki Jefford. It's been YEARS since I've read anything by her, but I love her writing so I'm hoping to get back into her books in the near future.


And all of these books are more last books in a series. These are all YA—the first is urban fantasy, then a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin, a sci-fi, and a mystery thriller.


Tales from the Gas Station Vol. 4 is also the last book in the series, but this one is an adult horror comedy. I've been waiting for the audiobook of this one to come out for SO long, and it finally did this October! I love the narrator so I'm very excited to read/listen to it! The next two books are also horror, and I actually got an ARC of The Haunting, which I haven't read yet. And very randomly, it may seem, I have the Britney Spears book. I loved Britney Spears growing up, and these last couple of years I've been following all the stuff that was going on with the conservatorship (thanks to Emily D. Baker for breaking down the legal mumbo jumbo 😅), and I am very interested to read things from her point of view. The wait for this book at my library is ridiculously long, understandably, so I don't know when I'll have access to it. But I definitely do want to read it.


I am the first to admit that I for sure will not read ALL of these, but a girl can dream 😆 Anyway, wish me luck, 'cause I'm gonna need it 😅 And let me know what books you're planning on reading before the year is over!

2 comments:

  1. Find Him where you Left Him Dead is an intriguing title.
    Hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I'm excited to see what it's all about!

      Delete