Sunday, December 31, 2023

Sunday Post #382: What I Got for Christmas (And Happy New Year!)


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

I hope you guys had a good Holiday season! Mine was stressful and I feel like I didn't get to relax at all. And now I have to go back to work on Tuesday 😭 I mean, Friday I did spend the entire day playing Sims 4, so that was nice. Lol. I also saw family during the holidays and that wasn't as exhausting as I thought it would be. Lol. Anyway, here's what I got for Christmas:


A couple things of note: my mom got me the giant knockoff Stanley cup, which I honestly kinda love even though it's strictly my home tumbler cause it's so large. Lol. And also bubble gum pink isn't really my color... I wear a lot of black and maybe my mom thinks I need a little more color in my life 😂 Anyway, it's fine. I like it. Lol. One of my brothers got me a grip thingy for my Switch and honestly, it's so cool! I mean, I haven't played the Switch very much lately, but when I do play it's always handheld, so this will be nice for that. I also got a ton of hand creams, which is great cause I use them all the time. My godmother crocheted me a scarf 😭 My other godmother gave me a Starbucks gift card. And a coworker, the special education teacher, gave me those fun socks with medical things on them 😭 I love them so much!

What I've been watching:


I watched Home Alone on Christmas as I do every year, but more importantly, I watched the Percy Jackson TV show and it's so good! 😭 I mean, the book is obviously better lol, but this is a pretty faithful adaptation and it makes me so happy!

What I've been listening to:


"This song is about when you feel overwhelmed under HUGE pressure, that your world will come crashing down. It really does feel like you're carrying the weight of the world, struggling at each and every turn." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

He has no reflection hehehe

I actually haven't really been playing a lot these last two weeks, but on Friday I did nothing but this. Lol. I finished a new build for these two, and yes, my Super Sim is pregnant! I thought it was finally time, especially since they both kept getting the "Try for baby" want bubbles constantly. Lol. (I also bought the Parenthood and Laundry Day packs because there's a sale going on and I just can't stop buying packs. Someone send help. Lol.) So next for this gameplay, I'm gonna have the Super Sim work on all the parenting aspirations. And the husband is a vampire, so I wonder if the child will be one too...

Online

Posted this week:

#348: Wrapping Up The Year
(And the One Book I DNFd)



Book Haul

Freebie:


This was one of the rewards for backing Julia Huni's recent Kickstarter and OMG I was so excited because this is a crossover novella between her Space Janitor and Krimson Empire series! And I couldn't wait so I read it yesterday and it was SO good!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment