Monday, January 1, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #349: Happy New Year!


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:



This is how I finished off the year. I actually finished Blood of My Blood after it was on my Currently Reading Shelf for like two months! And I enjoyed it! It was messed up, but I really liked this series overall.

And I also finished The Vanishing Deep and I'm kinda torn on this one. The other two books I read by this author I really liked, and I also liked this one... up until the end. I just... I wasn't a fan. But I think overall I did enjoy it.

And then I read two short stories/novellas because I needed two more books to finish my reading challenge and I'm not above using these shorter bits of fiction to achieve that 😆 The Party is a scene told in Wes's POV from Better Than the Movies by Lynn Painter and I loved it, of course. It was so cute!

And then A Sprinkle of Krimson was a crossover novella between Julia Huni's Krimson Empire and Space Janitor series and it was SO GOOD! I loved it! I love the Space Janitor series, I enjoyed the Krimson Empire series too, and I just love a good crossover in general. This was so much fun! And very festive too!


Currently reading:


Nothing yet!


Up next:


I think I want to start off the year with this one? 👀 This is weird for me, I don't read a lot of high fantasy, but lately, I've been craving it! Well, fantasy thrillers to be more exact. And I hear this one has a heist! And it sounds like the found family trope as well? I love found family! Anyway, I never thought I'd read this book, but here we are. And I'm excited!


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. I can already tell you're gonna LOVE Six of Crows 😍 it has an amazing plot with lots of twists, found family, no cliches and characters you're not gonna forget easily ✨

    ReplyDelete