Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Top 10 Books I Wish I'd Read in 2023


It's the end of the year which means it's time for all the end of the year posts! These are my absolute favorites! First up are some books I wish I would've gotten to this year but didn't because I'm a mood reader and my mood pretty much dictates my reading life 🙄😂 These are all 2023 releases.



It's official: I adore Lynn Painter. Which is strange coming from someone who doesn't read many contemporary romances. Lol. I have read all of her YA books but have yet to dive into her adult romances. I didn't get to The Love Wager, but I did read her YA Betting on You which came out last month and it was so freaking cute! I'm really looking forward to reading this one and Mr. Wrong Number, which I actually have right now from the library!

And next are two mystery thrillers from Kelley Armstrong! I haven't read anything by her in YEARS, but I really want to get back into her books I remember really loving them!


I have been really into sci-fi these days, and Star Splitter sounds really good!

I read the first two books in the One of Us is Lying series and absolutely loved them! I actually have One of Us is Back from the library right now as well, so hopefully I'll get around to it soon!

And I always love a Kiersten White book. Especially if they're adult horror! I loved Hide by her last year, so I'm looking forward to reading Mister Magic!

And Find Him Where You Left Him Dead just sounds like a really good YA horror.


Confessions of a Dangerous Girl is about a teenage girl trained to be an assassin and it just sounds awesome!

And I love a good haunted house story, so I'm looking forward to The Haunting. I have an ARC of this book so I really need to read it anyway 😅

And OMG a new Percy Jackson book!!! I didn't read this one because I'm not caught up on Rick Riordan's books... I need to read the Apollo series still. So hopefully I'll get caught up because apparently Uncle Rick is back at it again with the Percy series and I am here for it!


Let me know if you've read any of these books and what you thought of them! Also let me know what books you were wanting to read this year but just never got around to.

Happy Holidays! 😊

4 comments:

  1. I understand not getting to books. I'm a mood reader as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh there are so many books I wish I read. Mainly, I wanted to reread The Lunar Chronicles because it's been AGES since I last read it. But somehow I never had the time 😭 Also, I've seen Lynn Painter's books everywhere and I wished I read at least one 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TLC!! A re-read of that one sounds good! And yes, Lynn Painter's books are so good! They're really fun and cute.

      Delete