Saturday, December 30, 2023

Top 10 Favorite Books of 2023!


It's finally time to talk about my favorite books of the year!! And some honorable mentions because I couldn't help myself 😆 And it's usually hard to pick a favorite book of the year, just one, but this year it was easy and I'll tell you now: Spider and Frost. I cannot get over it!



What is a top ten post if I didn't include a Cassie Clare book? 😆 I adore my Shadowhunters, and while The Last Hours isn't my favorite series in the Shadowhunters Chronicles, I did still like it! I especially loved the romance! James and Cordelia's interactions in Chain of Iron in particular... so freaking cute! And I'm not going to talk about the end of this book because I'm still mad. Lol.

And My Plain Jane I enjoyed more than I thought I would! I loved the characters and the story, and I especially loved the added element of GHOSTS!

League of Liars was another one that surprised me with how much I enjoyed it! This is a fantasy thriller and it was so freaking good! I loved the world and the story was very intriguing! I'm very excited for the sequel next year!


And I of course also had to include Jennifer Estep books, because duh. Lol. The first book, Conquer the Kingdom, is the last book in her high fantasy series and it was so good! The characters are great and the story wraps up nicely. I'm going to miss this series.

And the other book, Only Good Enemies, is sci-fi and absolutely amazing! I loved, again, the characters, the world, the enemies-to-lovers, and slowburn romance of it all. And we are getting the next book in February and that makes me so happy!

This year I started the One of Us is Lying series and it was SO freaking good! I've only read the first two book in the trilogy, but I really enjoyed them both! The characters are complex and the mysteries were just so well done! I'll definitely be finishing off the series soon here!


One of my newer obsession is the Space Janitor series. But Changing the Speed of Light Bulbs was on another level! I absolutely loved everything about it! I mean, I adore the characters, it's why I'm obsessed lol, but they go to an alternate dimension in this book and it was just FUN! I loved the adventure!

Her Ex-Crush Bodyguard may seem a little out of place here because I don't read a lot of romance. But Janette Rallison's romance books are some of my favorites! They are always so sweet and fun, and this book in particular was a romantic suspense so it had a little bit of action there at the end, and I enjoyed that.

And Some Shall Break is a mystery thriller and it was SO good! I was actually surprised at how much I liked it because when I read None Shall Sleep last year (book one in the series), I ended up giving it 4 stars. So it was good and I liked it, but I loved Some Shall Break even more! It's so good!


Honorable mentions:


This first section of honorable mentions are novellas and short stories! We got two Elemental Assassin short stories, one in Lorelei's POV and the other a crossover with the Mythos Academy series. I obviously loved both, but Spider and Frost was just perfection!

And then another crossover: Sprinkle of Krimson is sci-fi (well, more space fantasy if we're honest lol) and it was a crossover between Julia Huni's Space Janitor series and her Krimson Empire series. It was so cute! I loved it! And there's gonna be yet another crossover that will include Siti for the Colonial Explorer Corps series and I'm SO excited!

And then, because apparently this was the year of crossovers, yet ANOTHER one! December 15th featured characters from all of Lynn Painter's YA books (Better Than the Movies, The Do Over, Betting on You) and it was the cutest freaking thing EVER! I loved it!


And these two books were collection of short stories. Covert Kisses is another romantic suspense by Janetter Rallison, this one featuring law enforcement officers, and Stings and Stones is a collection of Elemental Assassin short stories. They were both SO good!


And these two books are nonfiction! I read a couple of nonfiction books this year, but these two were my favorite. They were both science-y (Quackery more on the medical science side of things), very fun, and quite informative.


What were some of your favorite reads of the year? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment