Monday, March 4, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #358: Worst Book of 2024 Already?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I read:


This book made me so irrationally angry 😡 No, you know what? It wasn't irrational because this book was just plain awful! I liked the premise and was very excited for all the Aztec stuff, but the romance and objectification of the characters drove me insane! It was CONSTANT!! I nearly DNFd it but I pushed through because I'm stubborn and a completionist. Lol. But good god was this book bad. The relationship had absolutely no substance... It was nothing but physical attraction between these two, and even that felt forced! Every time I think about this book it just makes me mad. So let's move on 😅


Currently reading:



I'm about 60 pages into Patient Zero and it's very interesting so far. And then immediately after finishing the terrible book above, I started With a Little Luck because I needed something to make me forget about the awfulness of the last book. I love Marissa Meyer and Instant Karma was SO freaking cute, so I knew I would love this book. And I am not kidding you, I was 3 pages into With a Little Luck when I almost started crying with relief because this book was so much better 😭 At this point I'm about halfway done with it and I am loving it! It's cute, it's nerdy, and I am just having a great time reading it!


Up next:


This is another book I know I'll like, and another series that is very cute. I'm just going to continue on picking up books I know I'll love after the atrocities I experienced with The Book That Shall Not Be Named. Am I being dramatic? Absolutely! 😆 But that book is still pretty fresh in my mind and I am trying to distance myself from it as fast as possible. Lol.


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. well, now I know which book I'll definitely NEVER read 😂😂 for some reason, the cover (and actually kinda the description) for Raiders of the Lost Heart reminds me of that movie with Sandra Bullock and Canning Tatum called The Lost City. That movie was kinda funny, this book is certainly not 😂

    ahh Marissa Meyer is an excellent choice of a "therapy book" You just know it's gonna be good and you don't have to worry about it ending up bad or disappointing 😍

    I'm currently reading a Sarah Dessen book because I remember reading one ages ago and liking it. I'm in the mood for some contemporary romance and she gets recommended a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover, the title, and even the synopsis sound amazing! I was so excited to read it! 😭 I actually have not seen that movie, but I really want to! I've heard it's a lot of fun!

      Omg therapy book 😂 YES! That is exactly what it was! Lol.

      Oh yes, I have heard a lot about Sarah Dessen! I hope you are enjoying it!

      Delete