Sunday, March 17, 2024

Sunday Post #393: All Sorts of Chaos


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

This week was ROUGH. The kids were chaos incarnate and the time change certainly didn't help things. I feel like I was exhausted all of Monday and Tuesday. But I think I finally got my sleep schedule under control. Let's just hope the kids are better this coming week because my mental health can only take so much 🫠

What I've been listening to:


"This song is about being all too familiar with being constantly ripped apart to shreds in life. After bad things happen, promise me that we will always put ourselves back together piece by piece, stronger, fiercer, and become the storm they never saw coming :) Don't let them win." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

I feel like my Super Sim save file is going off the rails FAST 😆 So my Sims wanted even more kids and I was like fine! And I even threw her a baby shower which I meant to do with her other three pregnancies but I totally forgot. And actually, I almost forgot again this time and I did it last minute! So last minute, in fact, that she went into labor during the party 😂


And it made me laugh that Caleb Vatore, a vampire (and a good friend of hers, actually!) was the doctor 😂 This game is so weird and I love it! Lol. (And also her husband freaking out in the corner lol).


And this was her just the day after she had the baby:


GIRL NO! You JUST had a baby! Besides, THIS happened:


So my Super Sim is doing all the crystal things for the new pack that came out, and one day she comes home from being out looking for crystals and I find the child OUTSIDE across the street from their house!! Seriously people, get it together! 😂 One sort of mini challenge I made for myself just for funsies is that every time they get the "Try for Baby" bubble BOTH of them at the same time, I'm going to let them try for that baby because it's not like they get it at the same time that often. So when my Sim had the bubble before, the day after she gave birth, it was just her and it luckily went away fast. BUT THEN her husband got it not too long after and I wasn't worried about it because they rarely have that same bubble at the same time. But when I was playing yesterday, she got the bubble again and the husband still had it so guess who's pregnant again? 😭


Yeah, I do this to myself 😂 I'm definitely going to be aging up that infant soon before the other baby is born because yikes! And even though I have that little rule/challenge, I think they're done with kids for a good long while after this. We don't need more kids out on the sidewalk 😅 I don't care what the bubbles say 😆 (Side note: They have four adult kids now and they are all just normal Sims because the mom at the time she had them was also a normal Sim, even though the dad is a vampire. But currently, the mom is a Spellcaster and I think the infant they have now is a Spellcaster too! I'm excited to see what the new baby will be!)

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★☆
★★★★☆
★★★★☆


Other posts from this week:

#359: That's Better

Book Haul

For Review:


Janette Rallison has a high fantasy book that just came and I am so excited I got a review copy! I love this author's work!


Library Loot:


And from the library, I got The Spy and I which is an adventure romance and I am liking it so far! I started it on Friday!


Won in a Giveaway:


I won one of the Discussion Challenge giveaways and I was so excited! I picked the book Caraval because I've been in a high fantasy book and this series is next on my list! Thank you so much Nicole!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is that you are really making me want to play the Sims again! To buy a laptop just to do that on, lol. I miss that game so much! I agree that kids were crazy this week. We've got one more week till spring break, with parent conferences this week. Here's to a good week for both of us!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete