Sunday, March 31, 2024

Sunday Post #395: Finally, a Break!


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Spring break is finally here and I could cry with happiness 😭 This week I only worked half days, so that was nice. Nothing too exciting, thankfully.

What I've been watching:

 

I finally watched the last episode of the Percy Jackson TV show and I really liked it! I mean, I still prefer the book, but this was honestly a really faithful adaptation and I cannot tell you how happy it made me! And I am also back on my Supernatural re-watch. I kid you not, I always have this show on repeat. Lol. I'm currently on season 9 where Dean has acquired the Mark of Cain. Yikes.

 

Some of the TV shows I watch have finally started coming back on and I was very excited! I caught up on these two ⬆️ this week.

  

And I have been wanting to watch some horror movies lately and these are the three I watched this week. I finally got around to Scream 6 and I really enjoyed it! This series overall is just a solid horror movie franchise. And then because I kept getting ads for the new Omen prequel movie coming out soon, I decided to watch The Omen because I don't think I've ever seen it in full. And I liked it! I decided to watch the 2006 remake, but then I went back and watched The Omen II from 1978. Why? Who knows. Not me. Lol. I could've just watched the OG and gone straight to sequel, but I didn't Lol. Anyway, they were fine! The sequel was just a lot like the first movie and nothing was really accomplished to, you know, get rid of Damien. I'm contemplating watching the third and fourth movies just because I'm really curious to see what ends up happening with Damien, but idk. We'll see. And Having seen this, now I really want to watch Rosemary's Baby because I don't think I've ever seen that!

What I've been listening to:


"This one is about diving headfirst into something, and not thinking about what might happen." -Unlike Pluto

I've also still been listening to Ice Nine Kills. Although, more accurately, I finally watched their music videos! I've been meaning to watch them because I heard that they were very cinematic and they basically tell an overarching story, which I love! I loved when Fall Out Boy did The Young Blood Chronicles because that was kinda like a movie, and INK basically did the same thing! And I loved it! I was like one long horror movie! It was so good!

What I've been playing:

I have finished the Alien Takeover Challenge... technically! Lol. The goal was to have at least 3 alien offspring in each home of either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, and I managed that in Willow Creek! However, I do want to continue on with the challenge in Oasis Springs now. Except this time, I think I want to use the rules of the 100 Baby Challenge when it comes to aging up the kids because there was no rule about that in the Alien Takeover Challenge so I just aged them up after day in each life stage. Lol. Anyway, here's some craziness that happened before I finished the series:

 

Another of her children died, and another of her children was abducted by aliens as Mama Alien went to pick up the urn 😂


One of her children actually turned out to be a Spellcaster because her father was a Spellcaster and I had no idea. Lol. So because of that, she unfortunately doesn't count as one of the alien offspring to take over the world. At least, I don't think she does. There was nothing mentioned about other occults in the rules for the challenge, so I made my own. Lol. Anyway, I had her work on her magic to get the Dedeadafy spell so she could bring back all her idiotic siblings who keep dying 😆 Look, I could turn off neighborhood stories so they don't die, but where's the fun in that? Lol.


And what's The Sims 4 without some glitches 😂 As for my Super Sim, I actually didn't play a lot of that save file this week. She's still working on the Crystal aspiration and she's still pregnant. Although I did end up aging up the infant into a toddler. I'm thinking of starting another challenge soon 👀 I actually already made the Sim I plan on using a while back, I just need to make her a house to live in. I might start that this coming week.

Nail art of the week:


Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★☆
★★★★★


Other posts from this week:

#361: Mood Reading Strikes Again
End of Winter TBR *Update*


Ongoing giveaway:


Book Haul



How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. All your posts are really making me want to get into the Sims again, I know I say that every time, lol. I do love Supernatural. I need to subscribe to Disney+ for a while so I can watch the Percy Jackson series as I loved the books but hated the movies. Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😆 Percy Jackson was good! Definitely better than the movies!

      Delete