Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sunday Post #398: A Busy Week With An Accidental Purchase


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

This was such a busy week at work. On Tuesday it was class picture day, and on Wednesday the Seattle Opera visited and put on a show for the kids. They were SO good! I feel like I enjoyed it more than the kids did. Lol. The rest of the week the kids prepped for some upcoming testing. But it was just very busy. I don't work on Monday so I'm looking forward to an extra day off from work 😌

I got some new nail art supplies... accidentally. Lol. This is from a subscription box I forgot to cancel, but I actually really like what I got this month! The stamping plates are cute, I like the polishes, but I'm most excited about the cute rainbow heart glass dish! It's so cute! I already have a dappen dish I use to put acetone in for cleanup when I do my nails, but this heart dish is SO much cuter! I love it! I used it yesterday and I am so happy to have it! This was a very nice accidental purchase 😆


What I've been listening to:

Unlike Pluto makes the most amazing, relatable songs 😭


"This song is about missing a past version of yourself that you thought was better, or more glorious. I often have the anxiety that my best days are behind me, and I find myself trying to replicate who I was back then. But, all we can do is our best, day after day, and keep moving forward towards NEW glorious moments :)" -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

I have officially finished Ring Fit Adventure! The last boss battle was HARD! I was sweating by the end! Lol. But there are still a couple of missions I have to go back and finish because they weren't unlocked yet.


I also bought 3 new games for my Switch! I got Golf Peaks and Inbento as a combo deal for like $3! These are puzzle games and I'm really enjoying them!


And then I saw Stich on the Indie Direct this week and I NEEDED it! And I'm so glad I got it because I love it!


This one is also a puzzle game, but it's also very satisfying. And I am obsessed with the visuals! I love the texture of the threads! I literally cannot stop playing this game! Lol.

Nail art of the week:


A simple silver holo glitter mani this week. It's so obnoxiously sparkly... I love it 😆

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★★
★★★★☆
★★★★☆
★★★★☆


Other posts from this week:

#364: A Little Bit of Everything

Book Haul



How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

6 comments:

  1. The Seattle Opera presentation at your school sounds amazing! I've only recently attended an operatic performance and even though I didn't understand the Russian being sung, watching the facial acting was something I'll never forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their performance was really good! Since these were elementary age kids, their performance was in English, but it was still really well done!

      Delete
  2. Wow, sounds like such an amazing week! The nail stuff is cool. I need to get a pedicure so bad, but I'm so broke right now! :-( Here's hoping it's a good week for you!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing nail art! I have actually never been to a nail salon before because i just do my nails myself. Lol. Although I am in need of a pedicure as well. I might sit down and do that one of these weekends. Thanks! I hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  3. I saw Stitch on Wholesome Direct Youtube channel 😍 haven't tried it yet but the aesthetic is unmatched.

    those nails look amazing! I have a wedding event I have to go to soon and I might do something similar because my dress is shimmery 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stitch is so much fun!! And yes! The aesthetic!! That's probably my favorite part!

      I recommend holographic nail polish for any occasion 😆 It's just so pretty and sparkly. Can't go wrong with it. Lol.

      Delete