Saturday, April 6, 2024

2024 Quarter Year Crisis Book Tag


It's that time of year for the Quarter Year Crisis 😆 I love the Mid-Year Freak Out Tag so I was very excited when I found this tag last year! It was created by Rosin’s Reading.

1. How many books have you read so far?


17 books so far! Look at me being ahead of schedule. That never happens 😆

2. Have you already found a book you think might be a 2024 favorite?


Absolutely! I have a couple, but if I had to pick only one, it's obviously going to be the Jennifer Estep book 😆 This was also the first book I read this year.

3. If not, what was your favorite book you read that wasn’t quite five stars?


Not quite 5 stars, but still enjoyable! This was a solid sci-fi horror and it comes out next week!

4. Any 1-star books/least favorite book of the year?


So I haven't given any books one star so far this year, but this one came pretty close. And I honestly don't know why I didn't give this one star... I kind of really hated it 😆 It had so much potential but the romance was unbearable, which is not a thing you want to happen in a romance book 😬😂

5. Most read genre so far?


This pie chart is weird... look at all those high fantasies!! That's rare for me!! Usually, my top genre is urban fantasy or horror/mystery thrillers. So yeah, this is weird. Lol. I don't hate it though. Lol.

6. A book that surprised you?


Having all those high fantasies is weird because I don't read a lot of that genre, but lately, I've just been in the mood for it. And I am so glad because otherwise, I don't think I would've read the Six of Crows duology, which I loved! I am honestly surprised at how much I liked it! But now I totally understand why people love this series.

7. A book that’s come out in 2024 already that you want to read but haven’t yet?


I love Lynn Painter! I am hoping to catch up on her adult romances sometime this year!

8. One goal you made that you’re succeeding at?

I'm doing pretty good in my Goodreads challenge, the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge, most of the A to Z challenges...

9. One goal you made you need to focus on?

But I'm doing pretty bad at everything else 😂 I signed up to do so many challenges this year, it's ridiculous. Especially because I'm failing a lot of them so far 🤦‍♀️😆

10. New to you bloggers/booktubers/bookstagrammers/booktokers for 2024 you recommend?


Jane at All She Wrote and Lisa at Lisa Loves Literature! I don't actually remember if I started following them this year or not, but it's definitely been a couple of months. Lol. I love their posts though!


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers!

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you're doing great with your Goodreads Challenge! I think I'm at the same mark as you, but I went for 50 books! Lol. I guess I felt like it was too much pressure to read 52 as sometimes a book takes me longer than a week! I can guarantee almost that my year end total will be over 52! Lol. But I guess I just like feeling more ahead than behind all year long! Definitely plan to do this tag later this week when I write up new blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair! But yay that you're on track too! I have actually never set my reading goal this low, but honestly, I kind of love it. Lol. I can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  2. I'm posting a version of this tag tomorrow. I think the questions on mine are slightly different. Good luck with your challenges! It's great that you haven't found any 1-star books yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being ahead of your GR challenge!🎉 ahh that genre pie chart looks so cool (and of course I noticed you make all of your graphs and charts in your blog colors 😏), I might steal your idea and make one as well 😁 actually, I might do the whole tag, it looks fun. And thank you for mentioning my blog, it means so much ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yes I do use colors from my blog for literally everything lol. I'm glad you noticed 😆 Please feel free to steal my idea! Lol. And no problem! I love your posts! 🖤

      Delete
  4. I'm finally jumping in and reading ACOTAR, which feels like a similar vein to Bardugo's books (and from around the same time?). It's nice to jump into a series that's already finished!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I am SOO interested to hear your thoughts on that series when you read them! And it IS nice to dive into a series that is complete. No waiting between books! Lol.

      Delete
  5. I had not heard of this book tag. I admit that I don't usually do quarterly updates because they make me think too much about objectives I'm NOT fulfilling. I'm glad to see this tag asks for success stories as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fair. I definitely like the mix of questions in this tag.

      Delete
  6. Ahh, yay for finding me! I'm glad I found you this year too I think! I like this tag, I should do something like it. I agree with Raiders of the Lost Heart. I'm so disappointed that I didn't like it because that title and the premise was exactly what I was excited about. And there's another book by that author coming out I think, so I'm sad that I probably won't even try that either.
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm still not over what a huge disappointment Raiders was 😩 Oh, I had no idea she had another book coming out... I probably won't be reading that book though.

      Delete