Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Monthly Wrap-Up: March 2024


I hope you guys are having a good Spring so far! In March I read 6 books, one of them a re-read, for a total of 2400 pages (about 350 pages more than the previous month)!
  • 4 were part of a series and 2 were standalones
  • 5 were finished copies and 1 was an ARC
  • 5 were physical books and 1 ebook
  • 2 were 5-star reads and 4 were 4-star reads
  • 5 were traditionally published and 1 was indie published
  • 5 were by authors I've previously read and 1 by a new-to-me author
  • 3 were adult books, 2 YA, and 1 middle grade
  • 5 were fiction and 1 nonfiction
  • 1 was high fantasy, 2 contemporary romance, 2 urban fantasy, and 1 medical science

Books read this month:


I loved With a Little Luck! It was as cute as I was expecting it to be after having read Instant Karma. Plus, I just love the little touch of magic the book had. And honestly, I just love everything that Marissa Meyer writes.

The Nightmare Charade was good as well! It was a good finale to the series. This was such a fun and interesting world, plus I love that each book had mysteries that, while they felt self-contained to each book, they moved the overarching plot of the series forward. And the romance in the book was also very cute! I liked it!

Patient Zero was a nonfiction book and I really enjoyed it overall! It was very interesting and I enjoyed learning about where certain diseases came from, how these diseases were initially perceived and treated, and how medicine and science have evolved over the decades.


The Spy and I was a solid adventure romance. The romance was cute, and after the disaster of a romance book that I read the previous month, I really appreciated that in this book the characters actually took the time to get to know one another. But more than that, the book actually had a plot! With spies! It was so fun!

The Wizard's Mark is, I believe, Janette Rallison's first high fantasy book, and I really enjoyed it! Janette Rallison is another author whose books I like, no matter the genre she writes. One thing she excels at is writing really cute romances. But this book also had a really interesting plot with some political intrigue and, of course, magic! It was so well done!

And then my mood decided that it wanted to re-read some Percy Jackson, so that's what I did. Lol. I love The Lost Hero! This is actually my third time reading this book, and I feel like I was as engaged as if I were reading it for the first time! It's just SO good! I love the characters, the mystery of the lost hero was interesting (yes, even though I knew the outcome of the mystery lol), and it was just a fun adventure. Reading this made me so happy 😌 I'll definitely be re-reading The Son of Neptune after this.

Favorite book of the month:


The first and last books I read this month 🥰 These are two of my favorite authors! Yes, I know The Lost Hero was a re-read, but I still love it. Lol.

Least favorite book of the month:

I liked them all!

Books reviewed this month:


Apollo: The Brilliant One (Olympians #8) by George O'Connor | ★★★★☆
Artemis: Wild Goddess of the Hunt (Olympians #9) by George O'Connor | ★★★★☆
Hermes: Tales of the Trickster (Olympians #10) by George O'Connor | ★★★★☆
Hephaistos: God of Fire (Olympians #11) by George O'Connor | ★★★★☆


Dionysos: The New God (Olympians #12) by George O'Connor | ★★★★☆
Odin (Asgardians #1) by George O'Connor | ★★★★☆
Her Ex-crush Bodyguard by Janette Rallison | ★★★★★


The Nightmare Dilemma (The Arkwell Academy #2) by Mindee Arnett | ★★★★☆
The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy #3) by Mindee Arnett | ★★★★☆
Proxy (Avalon #0.5) by Mindee Arnett | ★★★★☆


Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo | ★★★★★
Siege and Storm (Shadow and Bone #2) by Leigh Bardugo | ★★★★☆
Ruin and Rising (Shadow and Bone #3) by Leigh Bardugo | ★★★★☆

.
The Rules (Project Paper Doll #1) by Stacey Kade | ★★★★★
The Hunt (Project Paper Doll #2) by Stacey Kade | ★★★★★
Ghost Station by S.A. Barnes | ★★★★☆

Other posts:


#30: Two Solid Series Finished
2024 Blogoversary Giveaway



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you also loved The Spy and I. I had so much fun reading this book and can't wait for book 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cute! I was surprised to see that there would be a sequel! But I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete
  2. Your review (and blogging) game is too strong 😂 I don't know how you do it, but I wish I had a bit of your energy and motivation 😄

    The Spy and I + With a Little Luck are both on my TBR and I can't wait to dive into those books 😊 Project Paper Doll seems like something I would like, but I'll wait to see your review for the final book before adding it to my list 😂

    My favorite read from last month was is a tie between The Rosewood Hunt (heists and friendships) and I Hope This Doesn't Find You (banter filled hate to love rom-com) 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 😅 Knowing myself this probably wont last. I'm gonna drop the ball at some point this year lol.

      Yes! Those books were so good! I have not read the finale of Project Paper Dolls yet, but I'm hoping to get to it soon!

      I need the add The Rosewood Hunt to my tbr! It sounds like so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Those mythology books look like fun reads.
    Have a great April reading month.
    my monthly wrap up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Instant Karma, I need to get my hands on With a Little Luck. Sounds like March was good. Here's hoping April is good for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March was pretty good reading wise! And if you loved Instant Karma, you are definitely going to enjoy With a Little Luck as well!

      Delete