Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Cherry Blossom Book Tag


This tag was created by Jane at All She Wrote, and it looked like fun so I wanted to give it a try (I also borrowed the banners below from Jane)! I hope I'm not too late 😅 But according to the cherry blossom season in ACNH, I'm still within the time frame, but just barely 😆


Oooh 😍 this is making me want to play Animal Crossing... I haven't touched it in a while because all I've been playing lately is The Sims 4 😂 But I digress! Lol.



For this question, Jane had picked Some Shall Break and I totally agree with her! I was contemplating picking that book as well, but I fell back on my usual instead and picked a Jennifer Estep book 😆 Is it even a book tag if I don't include at least one Jennifer Estep book? Lol. I love this series though! It is the perfect blend of sci-fi and fantasy, plus that slow-burn enemies-to-lovers romance is SO good!



This question was a bit difficult because I don't read a lot of romances, and the ones I do tend to be more cute than beautiful. BUT THEN I remembered The Song of Achilles! It was beautiful and tragic and I was absolutely not okay by the end 😭 But I loved it anyway 😆




And on the topic of cute romances, the sequel to Better Than the Movies is coming out this Fall! I am SO excited! But also nervous because apparently, in this book, Wes is trying to win over Liz... again 😭 Did they break up? Omg this book is going to make me cry 😭



I really enjoyed this series overall. I loved that it was set in Japan and I loved all the Japanese mythology. I mean, the love interest's drawings come to life... how cool is that? I guess it's not for the characters because those drawings can be dangerous. And on top of that, that ability has deteriorating effects on the person who wields this power 😬 But I thought it was interesting! Lol. (Honorable mention: The Keeper of Night. I was going to pick this one initially, but how could I not pick Ink. It's perfect! It literally has cherry blossoms on the cover! Lol. But The Keeper of Night was also very good! I loved the mythology in that one as well, though that one focused more on shinigami and reapers and just death in general.)



The Elemental Assassin series is 19 books long at the time of writing this post (not including the various novellas and short stories 😲), and I honestly don't know how Jennifer Estep does it, but every book gets better and better! I love this series SO much! The story, the characters, the found family aspect, the kickass action... it's all just so good! Man, I miss Gin 😔 Do I need to re-read this series... again? Maybe 😆



Magnus freaking Bane! I adore him! I have read the entirety of the Shadowhunter Chronicles at this point (except for Ghosts of the Shadow Market... I'm saving that one for a rainy day since it's my last Shadowhunters book before I'm completely caught up 😩), and Magnus has been my favorite character across all those different series! He's just so sassy and fun and an amazing warlock. Not to mention his relationship with Alec 😍 You ask me who my favorite character of all time is, I'll tell you it's Magnus Bane... but also Gin Blanco from the Elemental Assassin series 😆



I recently re-read this book and my gods did it make me happy. I don't know what it is about it... nostalgia maybe? Idk, but it is just such a good book! The characters, their banter, and relationships with each other, the story and the mystery of the lost hero, the world and the mythology... Rick Riordan is just a great writer and I appreciate how fun he makes learning mythology!



This was a random freebie I got from Amazon one day, and omg did I become obsessed! This book was so much fun! It’s basically this cozy murder mystery... set in SPACE! I did not know this genre was even a thing, but I'm glad I discovered it because it was just SO good! At this point, I have read most of this author's books, and I'm actually waiting for an ARC of the latest Space Janitor book to hit my inbox any day now, and I cannot tell you how excited I am! I love this series!



Are people still talking about Six of Crows? Idk. Lol. Listen, the deal with me is that if something is overly hyped, I won't read it because I get sick of seeing it everywhere 😆 But this counts, right? People love Six of Crows, and I finally understand why! This duology is SO freaking good! I loved the flawed characters, the story, the action, and the world-building. I'm glad I gave this series a chance 💗


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers!

In other news, the entire time I was writing this post I had Centuries by Fall Out Boy stuck in my head 😂

🎵 You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon 🎵

11 comments:

  1. I am so ashamed I haven't read Better Than The Movies yet....I guess one of the reasons is exactly what you wrote at the end , I also can't read hyped books right away and I have no idea why 😂 so when I saw everyone talking about Lynn Painter I just added it to my TBR and ignored it 😂

    wow you literally found a book with cherry blossoms on it 😍 and the premise sounds so original

    I absolutely LOVE that Fall Out Boy song. I'll admit, the first time I heard one of their songs was in Big Hero 6 😂 (idk if you've watched it, but the song in question is Immortals). Those two, along with Irresistable and Kids Aren't Alright are my faves ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, are Lynn Painter's books hyped? I honestly had no idea 😂 One day about a year ago I saw The Do-Over on Netgalley and requested it, and that's how my love of Lynn Painter's books began. Lol. But I definitely recommend her books! They are SO cute! I can definitely see why they would be hyped.

      Omg another FOB fan, YAY!! I love their music SO much! I don't even know if could even pick a favorite song... the ones you mentioned are so good! And their latest album is amazing! Actually, off of the new album, my favorite song is I Am My Own Muse, followed closely be Heaven, Iowa!

      Delete
  2. OOh this looks like fun! I am writing it up as soon as I can and will be posting next week! Eep! I'm already excited! Lol! Glad to find these tags from you, as I totally miss doing these!

    I'm kind of the same as you when it comes to overly hyped books. Although I am willing to give it a chance if the story intrigues me! By the time Six of Crows released I had already read the Grisha trilogy and enjoyed it so I thought why not on this one? But then I waited until Crooked Kingdom to release to read it because I saw "reactions" to the ending and knew there was a cliffhanger, so I thought it best to wait it out a year! I did that with her King of Scars books too but am so behind that I have not read them still!

    Great post and answers too! This is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can wait to read your post! And I actually find so many tags from you too, so thanks! 😆

      I agree! If the story is intriguing I'll add it to my tbr and then get to it when my mood strikes. Ooooh yes! The end of Crooked Kingdom!! 😭 I'm still not okay 😭 I just finished King of Scars and I'm still bitter. Lol. But I liked the book! I'm gonna be starting Rule of Wolves some time this week!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I didn't know about Nothing Like the Movies - I definitely need to read that one!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I am very much looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  4. I don't do book tags any more, but I'm impressed that this one asks for a wide variety of books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do better at being purposeful about reading more world lit, like the tag for a book set in Asia. Doing this really helps open my eyes. Thanks for sharing your tag idea.

    My discussion topic this month is reacting to a list of "The twelve best books, hand down" Please join in the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be more worldly too when it comes to reading... I don't think I succeed but I try. Lol.

      Definitely check out All She Wrote as that is where this tag originated from, but thank you!

      Delete
  6. Fun post! I need to do this one too. Maybe next year? I've tagged it to try to remember. Some great books on your list!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete