Saturday, June 8, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #19



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


Goddesses and Sirens Hellhound Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1) Nighttime Tales: Volume One The Grave Winner (The Grave Winner #1)

Goddesses and Sirens I am getting rid of because I honestly don't know what it's about... the synopsis isn't telling me much. It's gone!

Hellhound is about Greek mythology but the plot itself is not capturing my attention. It's gone!

Sea of Shadows sounds really interesting! Plus, I love Kelley Armstrong's work, so I'm keeping this one!

Nighttime Tales is an anthology with short horror stories that sound interesting... I'm keeping this one too!

The Grave Winner I am also getting rid of. It's not catching my attention anymore.

One (One Universe, #1) Thrall (Daughters of Lilith, #1) Verses of Athine: The Daughter of Ares Chronicles Collection Charis: Journey to Pandora's Jar Afterlife Academy

One sounds awesome! It has super powers and science and romance... definitely keeping!

Thrall involves myths about Lilith, and while that's interesting, the plot itself of the books sounds like stories I've read a hundred times over. It's gone.

Verses of Athine has Greek mythology, but the synopsis isn't doing it for me, so it's also gone.

Charis: Journey to Pandora's Jar is another Greek mythology book, but this one is an MG book, and I don't read those very much (I'm also picky), so this one is gone.

Afterlife Academy is as it sounds, a school in the afterlife, but it's not really holding my attention so it's gone.


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 7
Total books kept on TBR list: 3


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment