Saturday, August 1, 2020

Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2020



This month was tough. It started off pretty good, I mean I read three books in the first two weeks of July, which was great cause I've been in a reading slump since this whole disaster started in March. But then halfway through the month I started having anxiety. It wasn't bad but it was present for like a week. Not fun. After that was mostly gone, we found out that my grandmother was really sick. And just yesterday we found out that she has cancer. As I said, it has not been a great month. I have not found the motivation to read and I'll I've been doing to keep me together is play Animal Crossing and watch movies. I hate this year.

Books read this month:

The Song of AchillesThe HitchhikerSummer of the Mariposas

Like I said, I read three books in July. The Song of Achilles was an amazing LGBTQ+ retelling of The Iliad, The Hitchhiker was an okay mystery/thriller, and Summer of the Mariposas was a great Mexican American retelling of The Odyssey! What can I say, I love Greek mythology. Lol.

Favorite book of the month:

The Song of Achilles

This book was incredible! I love Greek mythology and the take in this book was great! The characters were interesting and the story was just heartbreaking. If you know how the story of The Iliad goes, then you know why 😭

Least favorite book of the month:

The Hitchhiker

The story was okay and the plot twist was kinda fun, but man, all the characters sucked!

Posted this month:



Summer Library Reading Challenge



#10: Reading Slumps Are the Worst!



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

6 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone!! My 88 year old grandma has cancer as well, she had surgery but now her heart is not doing so well and she's in and out of hospitals all the time. The worst is that I can't visit her, because she's 1- so tired and 2- so scared of COVID..

    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Esther. I'm sending you and your grandmother all my well wishes! I know how tough this is.

      Delete
  2. I'll keep your grandmother in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to read the news about your grandmother! I will keep her and your family in my prayers. I'm glad you were able to find some time to get away with great books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Danielle! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete