Monday, November 29, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #244: Just Fear Street Lately


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date and Unleashing Reads.


What I finished reading this past week:


It was a Fear Street kinda week. And you know what? All these books were okay. I really loved I Will Judge You By Your Bookshelf... it was funny and I totally felt seen. Lol. Cat was interesting enough. While it was predictable, I did enjoy the plot twist there. Honestly, if it had gone a different direction I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. And Into the Dark I really, really enjoyed! I was worried going into it because the MC has a disability, but I think the book was pretty well written! This one was also predictable, but I liked the protagonist and just the way the story was told. It was good! I think it definitely makes the list of my favorite Fear Street books.


Currently reading:


This book I haven't touched in a couple weeks. I absolutely love this series, don't get me wrong. Before going into this book, I heard that it was dark. I love dark! The other two books were also quiet dark, but this book... It's not that it's dark (well, no. I'm sure it is), but Pip herself is in a dark place. Which is to be expected after what happened in the last book. I think the reason why I put this book aside was because my mental health itself wasn't doing so great when I first picked this up, and I just couldn't. I'm feeling a lot better now so maybe I will pick this book back up soon. But this is probably why I gravitated toward Fear Street. While, yes, there are murders in that series too, it's much more light and it is just comforting, even if sometimes the books aren't that great. Lol.


Up next:


I don't know... I think I want to go back to sci-fi. I just got Daughter of the Deep from the library and I am very excited to read it! I haven't read an MG book so far this year, so this might be it! But also, I think I want to go back to the Space Janitor world. I miss it. I'm not quite sure what I'm picking up next, but it will probably be in the sci-fi area. Lol.


What are you reading this week?

2 comments:

  1. I had to put As Good as Dead down too. I really want to read Daughters of the Deep too. I'm waiting for it at the library. I'm reading Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder now. Natalie @ Literary Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate Chip COokie Murder sounds like so much fun! I hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete