Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: November 2021


This month my mental health wasn't so great, and it definitely took a toll on my reading. I feel like I didn't read a lot, but I actually ended up reading 6 books! Granted most of them were Feat Street books and therefore super short, but that's kinda all I wanted to read this month.

Books read this month:


Night Games was dumb. I knew as soon as I started it that it was going to be dumb. I didn't hate it though! I was not expecting that plot twist, and I always enjoy when a Fear Street book has a little bit of a supernatural element to it. The title character in The Boy Next Door was absolutely terrible! He was such a misogynist and I could not stand him. However, that is the point of this whole book. It was interesting because we were inside his head quite a bit. He's meant to be a terrible character, and boy did R.L. Stine do a good job of it. Lol. (Deadly Games was an omnibus of a couple of Fear Street books.)


I Will Judge You By Your Bookshelf was really funny! And very relatable! I enjoyed it! Cat was another Fear Street book with a little bit of a supernatural twist to it that I enjoyed. Overall, it was an okay book. Into the Dark though I really enjoyed! The main character is blind so I was really interested to see how R.L. Stine would handle this disability. I was apprehensive at first, but I gotta say, it was pretty well written. It was predictable, but I liked it overall.

Favorite books of the month:


These two books, definitely! I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed Into the Dark. I've been reading pretty meh Fear Street books lately.

Least favorite book of the month:

This was a good reading month. I actually didn't dislike any of the books I read... including the dumb one. Lol. 😂

Posts this month:



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

2 comments:

  1. Better than not reading at all! I hope you beat your blues! Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been feeling a lot better! I hope you're having a great December!

      Delete