Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sunday Post #394: Light at the End of the Tunnel


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

This week was rough. I swear, every time there is a break coming up in school the kids go insane! It was nothing but chaos with the children this week at work. On Thursday I was so drained mentally I almost cried. Friday I got off of work with a headache so I went and bought myself a milkshake to make myself feel better 😆 Initially, I was going to work during Spring break at my patient's house, but these last two weeks have been rough and I really need a break. This coming week is conference week so it will only be half days (yay). And the week after that is finally Spring break! I. Cannot. Wait! I'm looking forward to being antisocial for an entire week devoid of children 😌 (Listen, I love those kids, but I need a break from them every once in a while. Lol.)


What I've been listening to:


"This is Red Dress, I was inspired by Malenia, who looks beautiful and fierce on the outside, but is truly suffering on the inside. I relate to that heavily, I smile and laugh a lot, but feel the opposite inside." -Unlike Pluto

What I've been playing:

This week I went back to my Alien Takeover save file in the Sims 4 (although I miss my Super Sim so I will probably play a little of that today). The goal of this challenge is to fill the world with alien offspring and unalive the humans 😅 I hadn't played in a while but I am so close to filling Willow Creek! And I came back to nothing but chaos 😂 Chaos in real life? No, thank you. But chaos in the Sims? Yes, please! 😆 One of the alien offspring died... AGAIN! So I had Mama Alien bring her back  to life (plus another child that died the next day... sigh. Lol.). When I went to pick up the urn one of the other children living in that house was being abducted by aliens because she's in the Scientist career 😂

 

However, when I came home from picking up that second dead child, the first dead child was unintentionally (or maybe intentionally 👀 who knows) freezing the teen to death! This Sim died by freezing apparently, so their ghost has freezing abilities, and I have no idea whether they were trying to kill their sibling on purpose or not 😂


And on top of that, after I moved out the two children that Mama Alien brought back to life with ambrosia, Mama Alien was looking suspiciously pregnant for someone who had literally just given birth!


I don't know what happened, but the game glitched pretty bad here! She had a newborn AND she was pregnant again... and in her second trimester! That is not possible unless you have mods, which I do not. But hey, that's more alien offspring for me to take over the world with 😆 Is it cheating if it's the game that glitched? 😂


This is how bad the game glitched: the poor newborn still existed in the household, but any relation to Mama Alien or her human father (actually, I think he was Spellcaster?) was completely erased! It was wild! So I went into CAS and cheated the relationships back, and then in game, I also cheated her back into an alien because this Sim in particular I remembered was born a full alien. It was tedious and it was weird, but I think we're back on track. Phew. This was a crazy week of gaming. Lol.

Online

Books reviewed this week:

★★★★☆
★★★★☆
★★★★★
★★★★★


Other posts from this week:

#360: Diseases, Spies, and Wizards
The Lost Book of the White by Cassandra Clare


Ongoing giveaway:


Book Haul

Freebies:


[Click the image to take you to the Amazon page! But check the price first to make sure it's still free!]


Library Loot:


I finally got this one from the library. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm in the mood for it anymore which is a shame because I love Lynn Painter and really want to catch up on her adult romances 😩 I'm gonna keep the book until it's due and see if my mood decides it does want to read it. No promises.


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're in the same state as I have been at school. I've cried every day this week at work, and before spring break there were a couple days as well that I had to go to my back room in my library to take a few minutes to let tears out. Only mine isn't the kids necessarily as it is more what my admin and other teachers are acting like with how they see the library. Ugh. Mr. Wrong Number is one of my favorite Lynn Painter books. I listened to the audio though. And I totally get not being in the mood for something that you might actually enjoy at some point. Hope things have been better for you, sorry it's taken me so long to get over here and comment, I am working on catching up!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg the admin and teachers at our school are not great either!! There's some drama going on and I'm honestly sick of it! At first it was amusing, but I am so over it. This school is such a disaster that I don't know how it's still functioning.

      No worries! I hope things get better for you too. I know how absolutely draining working at a school can be.

      Delete