Wednesday, February 1, 2017

DNF Review: Insanity by Susan Vaught

Insanity
Title: Insanity

Author: Susan Vaught

Publication date: February 2014

Published by: Bloomsbury USA Childrens

Source: For review from publishers via Netgalley

Add it to your Goodreads shelf

Synopsis:

Never, Kentucky is not your average scenic small town. It is a crossways, a place where the dead and the living can find no peace. Not that Forest, an 18-year-old foster kid who works the graveyard shift at Lincoln Hospital, knew this when she applied for the job. Lincoln is a huge state mental institution, a good place for Forest to make some money to pay for college. But along with hundreds of very unstable patients, it also has underground tunnels, bell towers that ring unexpectedly, and a closet that holds more than just donated clothing....When the dead husband of one of Forest's patients makes an appearance late one night, seemingly accompanied by an agent of the Devil, Forest loses all sense of reality and all sense of time. Terrified, she knows she has a part to play, and when she does so, she finds a heritage that she never expected.

With her deep knowledge of mental illness and mental institutions, Susan Vaught brings readers a fascinating and completely creepy new book intertwining the stories of three young people who find themselves haunted beyond imagining in the depths of Lincoln Hospital.

My rating: ☆☆☆☆☆

I really loved the concept of Insanity... a haunted asylum? Yes please! I'm all for a little scare and some talk of mental illness, but this was just not what I expected.

Basically, this was three different stories told from three different POVs, all revolving around this asylum. Except, this book confused the Hades out of me!

"???" LOL - Steve Rogers

I've got no idea how these stories are connected to one another (beside the asylum itself), I don’t know what these people are... I mean we are given a vague explanation, an explanation that apparently wasn't good enough because I am still confused!

Confused Sammy

Especially the girl Forest... and good god woman! I just didn’t like her. She was very skittish and so terrified of everything! I just found myself very frustrated with her and I just could not relate with her, even though I myself am in the medical profession, as she is.

I do have to admit though, it had some amazingly creepy descriptions!

All the confusion is what made me give up on it... I really didn’t want to, but I was not enjoying it as much as I would've liked. I don’t know... I might give this book another chance in the future... Maybe. Probably not. Lol.

Supernatural


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a link to your review or comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment