Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Review: Web of Death (Elemental Assassin #1.5) by Jennifer Estep

Title: Web of Death

Series: Elemental Assassin #1.5

Previous short stories in this series: Poison (#0.1) | Web of Deceit (#0.2) | Spider's Bargain (#0.5)

Books in this series: Spider's Bite (#1) | Web of Lies (#2)

Author: Jennifer Estep

Publication date: 2011

Published by: Jennifer Estep

Source: Free on author's site

Add it to your Goodreads shelf

Read it for free HERE!

Synopsis:

This short story takes place after the events of Spider’s Bite but before the beginning of Web of Lies. In "Web of Death," Gin Blanco’s retirement is interrupted by some unwanted guests.

My rating: ★★★★★

Web of Death takes place between book 1 (Spider’s Bite) and book 2 (Web of Lies) and is told in Gin’s POV.

Gin is now officially retired as an assassin and is moving into her new place when all of a sudden she is interrupted by a scream coming from the surrounding forest. To check it out, or not to check it out...

Hmm. I had two choices now. Go investigate what the fuss was all about and amuse myself for maybe an hour, or stay here and haul boxes of books into Fletcher Lane’s ramshackle house.

If you know Gin, you know she is going to kick some serious ass. I mean, we are dealing with some real bad blokes here. They just make me sick! What they’re doing in the forest... Ugh! But I am so glad for Gin!

Of course, some folks would have thought that I was sick, for killing so many people for money over the years. But I had a code that I followed, rules that I lived by. No killing kids or pets. No framing someone for my murders. And most especially, no torture. I might have killed people as the Spider, but I did it quickly, efficiently, with my silverstone knives.

This was a great short story! I absolutely adored Gin! She was super sassy in this one, and snarky...

“You really should have found somewhere else to play your little game,” I murmured. “Because this land belongs to Fletcher Lane. And now me, I suppose. And believe me when I tell you that I’m the only fucking predator allowed around here.”

And for a short story there was quite a bit of action. If you're a fan of the series, I highly recommend these short Elemental Assassin stories!


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a link to your review or comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment