Thursday, September 21, 2017

Review: Wasted (Elemental Assassin #2.7) by Jennifer Estep

Title: Wasted

Series: Elemental Assassin #2.7

Previous short stories in this series: Poison (#0.1) | Web of Deceit (#0.2) | Spider's Bargain (#0.5) | Web of Death (#1.5)

Books in this series: Spider's Bite (#1) | Web of Lies (#2) | Venom (#3)

Author: Jennifer Estep

Publication date: 2011

Published by: Jennifer Estep

Source: Free on author's site

Add it to your Goodreads shelf

Read it for free HERE!

Synopsis:

This short story takes place in between the events of Web of Lies and Venom. One day, a beautiful woman walks into the bank where Finn works, and trouble soon follows.

My rating: ★★★★☆

When a beautiful woman walks into the bank that Finn works at, you know he won’t be able to resist her. But this woman might be more trouble than Finn could possible expect.

This short story takes place between book 2, Web of Lies, and book 3, Venom, and is told in Finn’s POV! I love Finn! I totally forgot how brilliant and badass he was! The man can fight and and kick some serious ass! Of course, then I remembered that his dad is an assassin, so... duh. Lol. But seriously, he surprised me in this.

Also, Xavier makes an appearance and sort of puts things into motion for the plot of Venom. No specifics were mentioned, but if you have read Venom, then you will know what Xavier is talking about when he asks Finn to ask Gin for help because they need her, um, special skills.

“[Gin] may be as cold as ice, but if you fuck with somebody that she cares about—hell, even a friend of a friend—you better watch out. Because she will bury you six feet under and not think twice about it.”

Anyway, I really liked this! I love Finn and his charming self and I loved seeing him in action! Wasted was a very fun, action-y, short read! I highly recommend this if you too love Finn as much as I do.

P.S. The city Bigtime was mentioned! Now, I have not read Jennifer Estep’s superhero series (yet), but I also appreciate these Easter eggs she leaves in her books for us!


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a link to your review or comment below! :)

2 comments: