Saturday, April 27, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #13



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


Faery Tales & Nightmares (Wicked Lovely) Starling (Starling, #1) A Stiff Kiss Shaken (Mind Reader, #1) The Sin Collector (The Sin Collector, #1)

Faery Tales & Nightmares is an anthology with a bunch of Wicked Lovely short stories. First of all, I don't particularly like anthologies, and second, I haven't even read that series! Lol. It's gone.

Starling has Norse mythology and it sounds really good! I'm keeping it!

A Stiff Kiss sounds a little like Pushing Daisies and I AM FOR IT!! I love that TV show! You give me a book with similar vibes, and you bet I want to read it! Keeping! (Also, if you have not seen Pushing Daisies DO IT! It's so good!!)

Shaken is about a girl who can read minds and she helps look for a missing girl... also, there's a hot Detective who has a hot younger cousin and yes please! Keeping!

The Sin Collector I'm pretty sure I added because the main character shares my names, spelling and all. And while the premise is interesting, the synopsis isn't compelling enough for me to keep it around. It's gone.

Dispirited Children of Tantalus: Niobe and Pelops Snow White Gets Her Say Ring (Ring, #1) Hollyweird

Dispirited sounds awesome! It's about a guy who can leave his body but then an entity takes over his body so his new stepsister who can see invisible things helps him out! Definitely keeping!

Children of Tantalus: Niobe and Pelops I added, again, because of mythology. But now reading the synopsis it's not really capturing my attention. It's gone.

Snow White Gets Her Say is, obviously, about fairy tales, but I'm not entirely interested in this one so it's also gone.

Ring is the book the movie The Ring is based off, and while I love the movie, I don't think I'll ever really get to this book. It's gone.

Hollyweird has angels and demons, but the synopsis of this particular book isn't capturing my attention, so it's gone!


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 6
Total books kept on TBR list: 4


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this! I might have to participate in it. I have way too many books on my TBR. Starling sounds awesome! :)

    I'm a new follower.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! It really helped me out!

      Delete
  2. Hey Lili! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! See the link below:
    https://nightlyreading.wordpress.com/2019/04/27/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete