Saturday, April 6, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #10



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


Dark Eden (Dark Eden, #1) Working Stiff (Revivalist, #1) Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings (Real Mermaids, #1) Rosebush The Fairy-Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, #1)

Dark Eden... teens, phobias, institute, fear chambers... not interested. It's gone.

Working Stiff is about resurrecting the dead, and this big conspiracy with a pharmaceutical company, and I'm just not interested anymore. It's also gone.

Real Mermaids Don't Wear Toe Rings sounds very cute! It's about a girl who is hydrophobic and just finds out she is a mermaid, which she inherited from her mom who drowned... what?! Definitely keeping this one!

Rosebush is a mystery/thriller about a girl with amnesia, and hey, I like mysteries, but this one just isn't capturing my attention anymore. It's gone!

The Fairy-Tale Detectives sounds awesome! I love fairy tale stuff, and two girls, descendants of the Brothers Grimm going around solving mysteries and stuff... yes please! Keeping!

Invisibility Forbidden Mind (Forbidden, #1) The Sphinx Project (The Chimaera Chronicles, #1) The Discovery (Pyxis, #1) Falling in Between (Falling, #1)

Invisibility has a boy who is invisible and a girl who wishes she was and they meet and fall in love or something... it's not holding my attention is it's gone.

Forbidden Mind has mind reading and mind manipulation and lies and it sounds like they're trying to escape from somewhere?? Anyway, I'm all for that! Keeping!

The Sphinx Project has human experimentation and leaving that life behind, and normally I would be into that, but just by reading the synopsis, it's just not holding my attention either. It's gone.

The Discovery doesn't sound interesting to me anymore... something about a dark force in dreams or something... it's gone.

Falling in Between has a love triangle and I hate love triangles, so I'm not gonna subject myself to that... I'm getting rid of this one too.


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 7
Total books kept on TBR list: 3


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment