Saturday, May 11, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #15: Getting Rid Of My To-Pick-Up-Later Shelf



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


So this week I'm gonna take a break from my Want to Read shelf because honestly, it feels never-ending. Lol. This week I'm gonna take a look at a different shelf, one I know I can knock out in one post...



So in this shelf lie all the books I never finished but meant to pick up later. So, what I'm gonna do is decide whether I want to read them and move them to my Want to Read shelf, and if not I'll move them to my DNF shelf... or I might just get rid of them altogether. Idk yet. Lol.


Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2) Alpha (Shifters, #6) Of Sun & Moon (Midnight Guardian, #1) Fracture (Fracture, #1) Darkest Day (The 19th Year, #3)

Fins Are Forever I am going to keep because I really liked the first book! I am a big-time mood reader, so that's probably why I put most of these on this shelf. But I really do like this series!

Alpha is another book I am keeping! This is the last book in the series, one I love, so I definitely want to read this!

Of Sun & Moon sounds SO interesting! It's why I got it in the first place, but looking back at it, I only read 25% and I left myself a note saying, "nothing is happening." That's probably why I stopped reading it. So, even though I think the book sounds interesting, I apparently wasn't enjoying it very much, so I'm gonna move this book to my DNF shelf.

Fracture is another book that sounds interesting, but this one I am keeping! I think this is another book I just wasn't in the mood for at the time, so I'm gonna give it another shot!

Darkest Day is a tough one... it's the last book in the series, and I apparently really liked the previous 2 books... but I think I stopped reading because I couldn't remember what happened in said books! Idk. I mean I gave both books 5 stars, and I like the idea of the series... but I feel like I would have to re-read the entire series before getting to this one and idk if I'm up for that. Oooh this is hard! I think I'm going to DNF it.

Something Witchy (Mystics & Mayhem #1) Tortured Souls (The Orion Circle #1) Ted Saves the World (Viral Superhero, #1) The Key To Tartarus (The Key Trilogy, #2) Whiteout (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter #5)

Something Witchy... I don't remember why I stopped reading this one, but I read about 1/3 of the book before I gave up. I don't think I was enjoying this one, so I'm gonna DNF it too.

Tortured Souls is another hard one. I like the premise, I remember not hating it... but I don't remember loving it and I actually don't really remember much of it tbh. Lol. I think I'm just gonna DNF it too.

Ted Saves the World I actually read 50% before I stopped. I don't remember much about this book, but I do remember I wasn't overly impressed with it so I'm gonna DNF it.

The Key To Tartarus I can't tell you much about because I apparently don't even have it in my Kindle anymore. What happened to it? I have no idea. Lol. This is the 2nd book in the series and I remember really liking the first one, but this one? I vaguely remember it. I love Greek mythology and all, but I think I'm gonna DNF this one too.

Whiteout is another hard one. This is book 5 in a series I've been following forever, but a series I wasn't completely in love with. I didn't hate it by any means, but idk if I want to continue it? I'm gonna DNF it.

The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) Ghost for Sale The Leaving Crushed (The Witch-Game, #1) The Reaper's Daughter

The Accidental Demon Slayer was very funny and I read almost 50% of the book, but the plot itself wasn't doing much for me, so I'm just gonna DNF this one too.

Ghost for Sale, oh man. This book was... not for me. It was too much. Much too late I realized that this book was by an author who I had read before, but ended up not liking that particular book because of just how much it was. Does that make sense? It's just too much. Lol. Anyway, this is a DNF.

The Leaving is a mystery, which I love, but this one was sloooooow so DNF it is!

Crushed sounds awesome! However, even though I was only 20% in, the romance felt SO forced! I wanted to like this, but I just didn't. Another DNF.

The Reaper's Daughter I don't remember anything about either. I do love the premise though, plus it sounds like it has mythology! I don't remember why I stopped reading, but I think I'm gonna give it a second chance. I'm gonna keep it for now.


And that's it!

Total books removed: 11
Total books kept on TBR list: 4


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment