Saturday, May 4, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #14



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


Shadows (Lux, #0.5) Alice in Deadland (Alice in Deadland, #1) Fairest of All (Whatever After, #1) My Heart Be Damned (Damned, #1) Small Medium at Large

Shadows is a prequel to a series I haven't even started yet, so I'm gonna get rid of it for now. Goodbye!

Alice in Deadland sounds interesting, but not interesting enough for me to keep it around. It's gone!

Fairest of All is an MG fairy tale retelling type of book, I'm very picky when it comes to MG novels, so I'm getting rid of this one. Goodbye!

My Heart Be Damned sounds interesting with powers and ghost/demon hunting (I'm not even sure tbh lol), but ultimately I'm gonna get rid of it because it just sounds like other stuff I've read. Goodbye!

Small Medium at Large is another MG novel, and another I am getting rid of because it's just not really capturing my attention. Goodbye!

Loki The Strange Case of Finley Jayne (Steampunk Chronicles, #0.5) Fried Zombie Dee-light! Ghoulish, Ghostly Tales Awake (A Fairytale Trilogy #1) Beastly: Lindy's Diary (Beastly, #1.5; Kendra Chronicles, #1.5)

Loki is a Norse mythology book, obviously. And while I love mythology, this one isn't capturing my attention. It's gone!

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne is another prequel to another series I have not yet started. It's gone!

Fried Zombie Dee-light! Ghoulish, Ghostly Tales is an anthology-type of book which I don't read a lot of, so this one is gone!

Awake is a fairy tale book, one that is not holding my attention with the synopsis, so it's gone as well!

Beastly: Lindy's Diary... while I liked Beastly, I'm not interested in reading Lindy's diary any more, so it's gone!


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 10
Total books kept on TBR list: 0


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment