Saturday, May 18, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #16



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?


Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1) Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) Common Descent (Darwin's Children, #3) For I Am Zeus: A Collection of Plays About Greek Mythology Persephone (Daughters of Zeus, #1)

Medusa, A Love Story is a Greek mythology book about Medusa and her curse and... I know the myth well enough so I'm gonna get rid of this one.

Unravel Me I am definitely keeping! I adored the first book and this is a series I want to get back to... eventually. Lol.

Common Descent is the 3rd book in a series I was following... but even though I recall enjoying it, I've now lost interest in it, so I'm gonna get rid of this one too.

For I Am Zeus sounds hilarious! It is a collection of short plays about Zeus, I guess, and I really want to read this one! Keeping!

Persephone is another Greek mythology book. Man, when I added all of these books I just wanted ALL the mythology. Lol. And while I still do love mythology, I'm definitely a bit more picky since there is just so much stuff out there, and I decided to get rid of this one too because it just sounds like a retelling of the Persephone myth, which I've read a lot about.

Sphinx's Princess (Sphinx's Princess, #1) Modern Disciples: Volume 1 Cruise of the Undead (Zombies in Paradise #1) The Vicious Deep (The Vicious Deep #1) Prank Wars

Sphinx's Princess is another mythology book, this one Egyptian. But it's another one that is not really capturing my attention anymore so I am getting rid of it as well.

Modern Disciples is ANOTHER mythology one. See, I told you. Lol. Unfortunately, it's another one I am getting rid of just because I'm not interested in it anymore.

Cruise of the Undead has zombies on a cruise and I am all for it! It sounds really funny and like so much fun so I am definitely keeping this one! I love horror comedies!

The Vicious Deep is about mermaids but the synopsis isn't doing much for me so I'm getting rid of it too.

Prank Wars is a little different because it's a contemporary. But it's contemporary that actually sounds fun to me! Probably because there is an underlying mystery. Lol. I'm keeping this one for now.


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 6
Total books kept on TBR list: 4


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely should start re-reading the Shatter Me series soon. I've read the first two or three books, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prank Wars sounds fun. But at least you cleared out a few more off your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It sounds really good! And that I did lol

      Delete