Sunday, August 4, 2019

Sunday Post #206: ALL the Anime!



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

Just work. It's been a pretty calm, boring week. However, I think I am going to be planning a little vacation time for later in the month. Something with water and swimming! I'm excited just thinking about it. Lol.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention that I joined the summer reading program thing or whatever at my public library, and they not only have a reading challenge, but they have a bunch of other challenges as well. One of the challenges is to take a lesson on any language on Rosetta Stone through the library. And (as you will read later) I've been watching some anime with subtitles because the dub isn't out yet, and I thought to myself that it would be nice to watch anime without having to read the subtitles... so I tried Japanese! This is how I did on my very first lesson:



Not too bad. It is very difficult for me though. You may not know this, but Spanish is actually my native language and I started speaking English when I started kindergarten. I actually speak Spanish at home and at work too because the family I work with are Spanish speakers as well. But I'm quite proficient in both... although if I'm honest my brain gets a little frazzled when I read Spanish. Lol. And writing in Spanish also gets me sometimes. Anyway, my point is that because Spanish has those Latin roots, it is much easier for me to sort of get the gist of languages like Italian and Portuguese because of this, so I'm finding that Japanese is kind of hard. But I'm gonna stick with it and see how far I get.

What I've been watching:

Okay, so I haven't been watching ALL the anime... but I want to! Lol. This past week I watched the entire first season (dubbed) of One Punch Man and I loved it! It was so fun! And I just love how cool he is about everything and how frustrated he gets when he beats someone with one punch. It's so funny! I just started season 2 and so far so good! However, because this season just came out recently (apparently), the dub isn't out yet so I actually have to sit down with my eyes glued to the tv to read the subtitles. Honestly, not my favorite, but it's worth it. Lol.

 Anime Listing - MY OTAKU ANIME

A little while ago I watched a couple of episodes of The Devil is a Part-Timer on Netflix, but they didn't have the dubbed version. So earlier in the week I borrowed the dubbed version of the season from the library and I've already watched half of it! This one is another fun, silly one I am really enjoying!

Lake Placid

Lastly, I've just been watching a bunch of dumb, fun Syfy shark movies (yeah, still lol). I also watched Lake Placid for the first time in, like, forever! I don't think I ever watched it in full before. But I really liked it! And surprisingly, it's pretty funny!

Online

Posted this week:

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #161

Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2019

Down the TBR Hole #25

Book Haul

Library Loot:



More Bleach manga... FINALLY! As soon as I get volumes 66 and 68 I'm gonna dive right into these! I also got the Nerdy Nummies Cookbook because I own her second cookbook and I love it and I was very curious about this one!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment