Wednesday, August 19, 2026

End of Summer Readathon: Day 1


I am back! Or, at least, I'm hoping to be back. Lol. I haven't been up to much aside from work 😪 but I have the next week off before school starts back up for my patient, and I would like to do some fun things (and hopefully, finally, get out of this reading/blogging slump)! Also, I don't know how long this readathon is going to be, so I'm just gonna go day by day and see what happens. Lol.

I have a couple of goals for this week, things I NEED to do and things I WANT to do, so hopefully listing this all out here will keep me accountable 😅
  • Get in touch with a therapist. I've been wanting to get into therapy for a LONG time, but the executive dysfunction, man. It's ironic, really. Lol. It's also embarrassing how long I've had the Psychology Today tab open on my laptop 😅 Like, I have a therapist in mind I think I might want to work with, so why haven't I emailed her?! Lol.
  • Clean the house, top to bottom and donate some things to the secondhand store. I've had a bag of clothing sitting behind my bedroom door for MONTHS. It needs to go away. Lol.
  • Do cozy hobbies. Video games, crocheting, cross-stitching/embroidery, and, of course, reading.
    • As for a reading goal, I really only have two books I want to read, and anything else is a plus: the third Dungeon Crawler Carl book, and a Brandon Sanderson book!

This is all I can think of at the moment, but we'll see what else the week brings.


Wednesday - 11am

I woke up very late this morning, at like 8am (that's late for me lol). So far I've only showered and I cleaned my room cause it really needed it. The rest of the house will have to be cleaned at another time 😆 I actually had different plans for today; I was going to go to the library and a bookstore in a neighboring town, but then I woke up this morning and didn't feel like it 😆 It will happen some time this week though!

So instead, today, I'm just going to hang out at home. I'm gonna check my shops in Tomodachi Life and then I want to do some embroidery. I just got into that in the last week and I'm obsessed! 😍 As for reading, I'm currently on page 95 of:


It's such a fun series! I've been wanting to start this book all Summer, but the executive dysfunction has been kicking my ass lately 😪 Hence the need for a therapist. Lol.


Wednesday - 4pm

I checked my shops this morning, and I checked in on some of my Miis. One important thing that's happened that I haven't told you guys about is that I have FINALLY married Leon Kennedy in Tomodachi Life 😆 I'm living my best life on that island 🥰😂


Cross-stitching! I've been wanting to try my hand at this for a while now, and I finally got started last week. I did the first one below last week, and I'm currently working on the one in the hoop. These are beginner ones, to learn the different stitches, but it is so relaxing, despite me stabbing my fingers with the needle multiple times 😆

 

As for reading, I got to page 153! I did take a little micronap while reading lol, but I've made a bit of progress. My goal for today is to read another 50-ish pages. But first, I'm gonna go work on my embroidery some more... I'm addicted 😆


This series is so fun and silly, so I want to share my favorite quote that I read in this last section. A quote that I feel like sums up these books pretty well, in the best way possible 🤣

"Carl, what's happening?" Donut asked.
"Probably something stupid," I said.


Wednesday - 10pm

I finished my embroidery project! I worked on the bookshelf this evening, and for the most part, I like how it turned out! I have a hard time with the satin stitch, so I guess it's a good thing I got a lot of practice on this one. Plus, now I know how to make books! 😆 The only sad thing is that I don't have any more embroidery to work on 😢 However, I do have a couple more in the mail that I'm excited to get. Meanwhile, I do have some crocheting projects I want to work on. I may do that tomorrow...


As for the book, I made it to page 200! That's just over 100 pages read today! Not bad.


And my favorite quote of this last section:

"I think my fans whould have a name. Wouldn't that be great? Like Princess Patrol or something."
I grunted. "How about the Donut Holes?"
"Don't be crude, Carl."

I love these two 😂 Anyway, I think I'm gonna call it a night. I am gonna go properly play Tomodachi Life, and try and go to sleep at a reasonable hour. That's probably why I've been waking up so late. Lol. I'll be back tomorrow with another readathon post!


Let me know what you've been reading this Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment