Thursday, December 27, 2018

Top Favorite Characters & Book Boyfriends of 2018



I read a good handful of books this year, and today I wanted to share some of my favorite characters as well as the most swoon-worthy book boyfriends I read this year!


Favorite Characters:

Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1) Spartan Promise (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #2) Black Widow (Elemental Assassin, #12)

This first batch of characters are all creations by Jennifer Estep. She always writes amazing heroines in her books, and I was happy to have had 3 of them to read this year! All of the heroines she writes are always badass and just likable. Evie in Kill the Queen had an amazing character arc in which she went from being 17th in line to the throne and being treated like trash to being an amazing warrior who takes shit from no one.

Rory in Spartan Promise is also an amazing warrior, with her cool Spartan powers of being able to turn literally any object into a weapon. But more than that, she's got to deal with her parents reputation of being bad guys. My poor Rory 😩

And last, probably my most favorite character EVER, Gin Blanco, aka the Spider. She is an assassin and she is badass AF! I adore her! She is fiercely loyal to her friends and family, and even though she is an assassin, she is an assassin with a heart. Oh she can be cold-hearted, but she can also be such an amazing person. She is just the best!

Violets Are Blue More Trouble Brews (Mellow Summers, #13) The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)

Up next we have amateur sleuth Mellow Summers! I love her... and this series! Our curious Mel always ends up tangled in murders and it always makes for an interesting story. Lol. Anyway, I love Mel! She is very relatable, and in Violets Are Blue More Trouble Brews she handles herself very well and takes shit from no one. You go Mel!

And last in the fave character department is Ellie Jordan! Another character I adore! She is such a good person that in The Monster Museum she took on a case on Christmas because she was worried about the safety of the children involved... I love her! That and because her job of being a ghost trapper is so dangerous, she basically has no one in her life. But she deserves to be loved! In this book she was very funny, which I love, but I also could see through it, realizing that it's a sort of coping mechanism for everything that's going on in her life. I just love her and she deserves happiness.


Book Boyfriends:

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

First up we got the boys from The Infernal Devices: Jem Carstairs and Will Herondale. I love them both and that is one of the reasons why I hate love triangles. Jem is the sweetest, caring guy and I just love that about him. Will on the other hand is is sarcastic and funny and totally arrogant but sexy. And he's also very sweet deep, deep down. And Jace Wayland is pretty much Will 2.0, but I also adore him. Jace was one of my first book boyfriends and I still absolutely adore him to this day!

Halloween Frost (Mythos Academy #1.5) Kiss of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #8.5)

Logan Freaking Quinn. I ADORE him! He is probably (maybe besides Jace) my #1 favorite book boyfriend! I LOVE him so much! He is so sweet and confident and just 😍 He is pretty much a nice guy and bad boy all in one and I love him!! It's one of the many reasons why Mythos Academy is one of my favorite series, and this novella reminded me of that.

Another novella, this one featuring Owen Grayson, Gin Blanco's sexy, sexy man. Owen... 😍 He is very sweet and so caring and after everything Gin has gone through, she deserves a man like him. One thing I love about Owen is that he accepts and loves Gin for what she is, all her dark past as an assassin and all. He is the best.


And there you have it! Who were your favorite characters/book boyfriends this year? Let me know below or leave me a link to your post!

Happy Holidays! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment