Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Monthly Wrap-Up: September 2019



Omg it's finally Spooky Season, YAY! 🎃👻🦇💀


Books read this month

Sooo, it's gonna look like I read a lot this month, but tbh, a lot of these books were manga and Fear Street books which are actually pretty short, fast reads 😅 But hey, it still counts! Lol.

Bleach, Vol. 70 The Loudest Scream (Fear Park, #2) Bleach, Vol. 71 Bleach, Vol. 72

I started off the month with some Bleach and Fear Street. These first 6 books I actually all read in one day because they were so short!

Bleach, Vol. 73 Bleach, Vol. 74 The Last Scream (Fear Park, #3) Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)

I finished Bleach and Fear Park, and while Fear Park was kinda mediocre, I absolutely loved Bleach! It was a lot of fun! Then I moved onto The Lunar Chronicles...

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5, 0.6, 1.5, 3.1, 4.5) Ink (Paper Gods, #1) The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)

And also finished that 😩 While I am happy that I've been finishing a bunch of series, I'm also sad because I loved this series so much! The Lunar Chronicles quickly became one of my favorite series! Afterwards I read Ink. I started this one on a whim... I was in between watching anime, I didn't know what I wanted to watch next, but I really wanted more of that Japanese culture so I started this one! And I really enjoyed it! I also really enjoyed The Babysitters Coven!

Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1) The Shadowhunter's Codex What Holly Heard (Fear Street, #34) Stalking Jack the Ripper

After finishing The Lunar Chronicles, I was still in the mood for sci-fi so I picked up Open Minds and I really enjoyed it! Next I started Stalking Jack the Ripper and I did not have great luck with this one. I was really looking forward to it but it ended being a disappointment for me 😩 And because I tried to love Thomas and that just didn't work, that sort of pushed me to finally finish The Shadowhunters Codex, which I really enjoyed! (Why did I go from Stalking Jack the Ripper to The Shadowhunters Codex? Because Thomas reminded me of Jace... except I didn't like him... but I love Jace 🤷‍♀️ Lol). Then I read What Holly Heard which was meh, and then finally finished Stalking Jack the Ripper, which was also meh. I'm currently reading City of Fallen Angels, so my meh streak has been broken because I am really enjoying it!


And my favorite book of the month was...

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)

I LOVED THIS SERIES!!! Oh my god this book was just amazing! It was intense and gave me legit anxiety, but it was SO good! I miss it already! 😩


Books Reviewed in this month

Bitter Bite (Elemental Assassin, #14) Unwanted (Elemental Assassin, #14.5) Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15) Nice Guys Bite (Elemental Assassin, #15.5)

Bitter Bite (Elemental Assassin #14) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Unwanted (Elemental Assassin #14.5) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Unraveled (Elemental Assassin #15) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Nice Guys Bite (Elemental Assassin #15.5) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★

The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1) Snared (Elemental Assassin, #16) Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17) Winter's Web (Elemental Assassin, #17.5)

The Babysitters Coven by Kate Williams | ★★★★★
Snared (Elemental Assassin #16) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin #17) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★
Winter’s Web (Elemental Assassin #17.5) by Jennifer Estep | ★★★★★


Other Posts









The Babysitters Coven


Look at me on a roll this month! Lol. Here's hoping it all rolls over into October, too 😅

How was your September?

6 comments:

  1. Cool!! I kinda envy with ur reading progress.

    amenobook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks amazing because I read a bunch of short books this month 😅 lol

      Delete
  2. Wow to your excellent reading month! So many books you loved is awesome. In September I read the Ignite the Stars duology as well as the fountains of Silence, my first YA historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fun! I will have to check those two series because I haven't heard of them before 😅

      Delete