Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Back to School Book Tag!



I saw this tag over at That Book Gal and I thought it looked like a lot of fun to do! Everyone is probably back at school by now... except for those of us who are done (me. Lol). And while I'm not in school anymore, I have been contemplating going back to get my BSN... but I kind of don't want to. I really don't miss school. Lol. Although, it's funny that I chose for this post to go up today because I guess, in a way, I am going back to school today! I'm a home care nurse and I'm accompanying a patient to kindergarten starting today to watch their airway, so that should be interesting! Lol. Anyway, onto the fun stuff!


English
Name your favorite author’s (or books) writing style.

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)

My favorite author (at the moment) is Jennifer Estep and I don't know what it is about her writing, but she writes amazing, realistic characters that I just love. Literally everything I have read by her I love!


Math
A book that made you frustrated!

First of all, how dare you. I love math! 😒 Lol.

Roar (Stormheart, #1)

Unlike math, this book frustrated me to no end! I hated the characters, specifically the love interests. Ugh!


Science
A book that really made you think or question things.

Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters

This book was really interesting because it dives into the psychology of serial killers and talks about why they do what they do. It's a very thought provoking read.


History
Your favorite book from a different time period.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)

I'm not really into historical-type books, but if you throw in Shadowhunters, I am all for it! This is one of my favorite series and I actually really enjoyed the time it was set it!


Art
Your favorite book with pictures.

Color Bleach+: The Bleach Official Bootleg

I love Bleach, and I particularly love this book because it just has a lot of fun info on the characters and it also had my favorite thing from the anime: The Illustrated Guide to Soul Reapers! It's just so much fun and it has a couple of pages that are in color, which is awesome!


Drama
A book you would love to see turned into a movie.

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1)

Seeing Gin Blanco on the big screen would be AMAZING! It would basically be like John Wick, but knives and magic instead of guns! It would be awesome!


Music/Band
A character with a similar music taste to you.

Spellbound (Spellbound, #1)

I read this book quite a while back, but I remember the main character was going for a run and she had some old Panic! at the Disco on her playlist, which I love!


Lunch
A food from a book you would love to try.

Sharpest Sting (Elemental Assassin, #18)

Easy. Any book by Jennifer Estep. If you have read anything by her, you know how amazing she is at describing the food in the books. It makes me drool! Lol. I'm not kidding when I say that I'd love to go to the Pork Pit and try anything that Gin would make. She has this triple chocolate milkshake that sounds incredible! 🤤


Bus Ride Home
A book or author that is relaxing.

This is kind of a funny question because most of the authors I read, well, they put their characters through hell, and that's not very relaxing. Lol.

It's a Mall World After All

But I think that Janette Rallison is probably one of the most relaxing authors. She writes these really fun, amusing books that I just love!


Extra Credit
A book someone recommended that you enjoyed.

Bleach, Vol. 55: The Blood Warfare

Someone recommended I read the Bleach manga because the anime never did the last arc of the story, and I am so glad I did because I loved it! Manga is actually a pretty new medium for me, but I am really enjoying it so far!


Let me know what some of your favorite relaxing authors/books are, because I apparently don't read many of those. Lol.

I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! 😁

2 comments:

  1. Hope the new job is going well! This is a fun tag---glad you enjoyed your foray into manga!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I just have to figure out what manga I want to read next 🤔 lol

      Delete