Saturday, March 23, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #8



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?

Simple enough, so let's get started!


The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles, #1) Magic by Moonlight (The Amulet Series, #2) The Seven Rays Solstice Uglies (Uglies, #1)

The Girl in the Steel Corset I don't read a lot of steampunk, but I would like to! Last year I finally finished reading The Infernal Devices and I absolutely loved it! The synopsis of this book reminds me a lot of that, so I'm keeping it!

Magic by Moonlight I didn't even bother reading the synopsis of this one because it's the second book in a series! I haven't even read the first book, so this one is gone.

The Seven Rays doesn't sound interesting to me anymore, so it's gone.

Solstice I added because it apparently has mythology, but reading the synopsis again, I'm not finding it too interesting. It's gone.

Uglies I added because I loved the authors Midnighters series, but this one isn't really capturing my attention anymore either. It's also gone.

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) Nobody's Princess (Nobody's Princess, #1) Radiant Darkness Girl vs Ghost (Misdirected Magic Trilogy, #1) Fade (Fade, #1)

Soulless sounded interesting when I first added it, but honestly, not anymore. It's gone.

Nobody's Princess is about Helen of Sparta. You know I love mythology, but honestly, I just don't want to read this one anymore. It's gone.

Radiant Darkness is another mythology book, and another Hades/Persephone retelling. I've read too many of those, so this one is also gone.

Girl vs Ghost still sounds fun to me! I love ghosts and mysteries, so this one is a keeper!

Fade I'm actually not quite sure what it's about, even after reading the synopsis, so it's gone.


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 8
Total books kept on TBR list: 2


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment