Saturday, March 9, 2019

Down the TBR Hole #6



Most of you probably know this feeling, your Goodreads TBR pile keeps growing and growing and it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. You keep adding, but you add more than you actually read. And then when you’re scrolling through your list, you realize that you have no idea what half the books are about and why you added them. Well that’s going to change!

And thank the gods for that because I desperately need it! Lol. And thanks to Lost in a Story, as well, for creating this amazing meme!


How it works:

  • Go to your goodreads to-read shelf.
  • Order on ascending date added.
  • Take the first 5 (or 10 (or even more!) if you’re feeling adventurous) books. Of course, if you do this weekly, you start where you left off the last time.
  • Read the synopses of the books
  • Decide: keep it or should it go?

Simple enough, so let's get started!


The Liar Society (The Liar Society, #1) Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters, #1) Abandon (Abandon, #1) The Sight (Premonitions, #1-2) Ada: Legend of a Healer

The Liar Society is a mystery... one I am no longer interested in, unfortunately. It's gone!

Darkness Becomes Her I added because apparently it has mythology and I love mythology, but the synopsis isn't giving me much of that and it just doesn't sound interesting to me. So this one is gone too.

Abandon is another one I added because of the mythology. Remember when a while ago the Hades/Persephone myth was everywhere and was being retold over and over? Yeah, this is another one of those (I'm pretty sure). I love mythology, but give me some variation! Jeez! Lol. It's gone!

The Sight is another mystery I no longer am interested in. It's gone!

Ada: Legend of a Healer I added because healing is one of my favorite supernatural abilities. But the synopsis isn't doing it many favors, imo. It's gone!

A Kiss in Time Cloaked Bras & Broomsticks (Magic in Manhattan, #1) Hex: A Witch and Angel Tale The Salem Witch Tryouts (Salem Witch, #1)

A Kiss in Time is a fairy tale retelling... one I'm not so sure I want to read anymore. I'm just gonna get rid of it. Goodbye!

Cloaked is another fairy tale retelling... and look, I like fairy tale retellings, but idk. This one isn't really capturing my attention by just reading the synopsis. So it's also gone.

Bras & Broomsticks I'm not quite sure why I added since I don't really read these types of books. Well, no, that's a lie. I added it because I like witch-y stuff. Lol. But this one is just not holding my interest so goodbye it is!

Hex: A Witch and Angel Tale is another witch-y one, apparently, but I can tell you right now that I am getting rid of it! Why? Simply because I hate love triangles and this one clearly implies there is one in the synopsis, so goodbye!

The Salem Witch Tryouts I'm on the fence about. I like witches, it sounds cute... but maybe too cute? Man, idk. I'm probably not gonna get to it so I'm just gonna get rid of it, too.


And that's it!

Total books deleted: 10
Total books kept on TBR list: 0


Let me know if you have read any of these books and whether I should've given them a second chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment