Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sunday Post #195: I Miss Being On Vacation...



Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

So a week ago today I returned home from my vacation and I still miss it. Lol. As I mentioned in a previous post, I went to Cancun for the first time and it was so much fun! We stayed at a really nice resort that had a private beach literally just a couple flights of stairs away. I loved it! (You can click on the images to make them larger!)



And I even got some reading done while I was at the pool, and even the beach (hiding in the shade, obviously. Lol)! And if you want to know what I read on my vacation, I share those books here!



But my favorite part about the trip was going to see the Mayan ruins. I am a HUGE mythology fan, so of course I loved seeing them! The first place we went to was Tulum. Here are some pictures I took of the place:







To me, the second place we went to was much more impressive, I think because I've always wanted to see these pyramids. The place I'm talking about is Chichen Itza.







All those columns apparently represent soldiers or something... they go on forever!



And what's really cool about this place is that they're still discovering new things on this site! That first picture above, we didn't know what to make of that ditch, but apparently they're currently digging it up and they think there might be a whole other city underneath! So exciting!



I really love all the drawings and the attention to detail... I don't know what they mean, but they're pretty cool. Lol.





And these last two pictures were taken in a field where they played a soccer-like sport where they had to get a ball through that hoop. That hoop by the way, is really up there. Oh and the winners (or was it the losers? I don't remember lol) got decapitated! Happy times! Lol.

But yeah, it was fun! And it was especially great because I got to get out of the cold for a bit. When we left it was snowing like crazy and I was hoping that by the time we came back it would be gone.

This was taken on our way home from the airport in Seattle

It's not. Lol. (And we even had a light dusting of snow just yesterday! Sigh. Lol.) Yeah, I miss being on vacation. Lol. Oh, but the one thing I don't miss is at all is all that annoying travel. Getting there was easy... we just took one flight and we were there. But the trip back, oh boy! 2 days of travel, 3 flights, and a 3-hour car ride back home... I was exhausted! But it was worth it in the end. I'd go back 😉 lol.

What I've been watching:

I've been catching up on all the shows I missed while I was gone and I also watched a couple of movies. One movie I really loved was....

The Hitman's Bodyguard [DVD] [2017]

It was so funny and very action packed! I loved it!

Online

Reviews posted this week:

The New Evil (Fear Street Cheerleaders, #4: Fear Street Superchiller, #7)


Other Posts:

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #148: What I Read On My Vacation

Monthly Wrap-Up: February 2019

Down the TBR Hole #5

Book Haul

Bought:

Bitter Bite (Elemental Assassin, #14)



Library Loot:

Unwanted (Elemental Assassin, #14.5) Unraveled (Elemental Assassin, #15) Nice Guys Bite (Elemental Assassin, #15.5) Snared (Elemental Assassin, #16)


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. My sister and her husband have been to Cancun several times. I've not made it there yet. Thanks for sharing all of the fabulous photos. And welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I'll be going back eventually!

      Delete