Saturday, April 18, 2020

Finish the Series #7: The Dreaded Reading Slump



In the past I've done these Random Reads posts where I would randomly choose a series to finish, but that hasn't worked out that well for me, me being a mood reader and all. So I decided that I would just pick a couple of series I'm in the mood for every so often and then post about it to really cement in that commitment 😅


Last month I had only committed to finishing one series. So did I do it?

Haunting the Deep (How to Hang a Witch, #2)

Uh, that would be a big fat NO 😅 I fell into a really bad reading slump at the beginning of March and only ended up reading three books that entire month. I'm finally starting to come around to reading again, so I guess we should give things another shot. However, I don't even know what I'm in the mood for, so I don't know what series I want to finish next. I think I'll let my mood decide 🤷‍♀️


Let me know if you've read any of these series or if there is a series you are working on finishing right now 😊

6 comments:

  1. 😂😂😂 I feel you on a cellular level with the being a "mood reader" and I am bad with finishing a series if I am expected to, like if I set a goal for myself (I think it has also something to do with me being Sagittarius and hates restrictions and all). Love how you ended your note with a "I think I'll let my mood decide", reading is all about fun and self-enjoyment, so no pressure and read whenever and whatever you feel like to! 😂

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I'm a Sagittarius too! 😂 Yeah, I always have to let my mood decide, otherwise no one has fun. And by no one I mean me. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Yep, reading slumps seem to be everywhere at the moment but I found a series I loved this week (Hailey Edwards's Beginners Guide to Necromancy) and fell down the rabbit hole and read all 6 of them. *shrug* That seems to be the way I roll these days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is awesome Nicci! It is so amazing when you find a series you love so much you just binge read the whole thing in one go! Lol.

      Delete
  3. I think lots of us have been slumping when it comes to reading right now. I go back and forth between reading a LOT and reading nothing at all. That's just the way it is.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've noticed that it's going around a lot. I've been spending most of my time watching movies and anime, and that's okay with me right now 🤷‍♀️

      Delete