Thursday, April 30, 2020

Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2020



Hope you guys had a better April! For me it's still not great BUT I am doing so much better mental health-wise. I think I'm finally getting used to the world we have to live in right now. I think I'm just refusing to believe that we are pretty much living in what's almost a dystopian world straight from a novel. But things will get better for us!

This past week was my first week working night shift, and omg it's HARD! I feel like I'm sleep deprived all the time! Hopefully I'll get a good schedule down pretty soon here.

I also finally got out of my reading slump and started writing reviews again! Yay!

Books read this month:

Dead Time (The Murder Notebooks, #1) Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1) I Saw You That Night!

I started off in the middle of the month finally finishing Dead Time after having not picked up for a long time. Then there was a 24 hour readathon last weekend that I participated in and that really helped me get out of this reading slump. I started off the readthon with some Greek mythology in Sweet Venom, but then I moved onto some R.L. Stine books! I read the summer-y mystery/thriller I Saw You That Night!...

Goodnight Kiss (Goodnight Kiss, #1: Fear Street Super Chiller, #3) Goodnight Kiss 2 (Goodnight Kiss, #2: Fear Street Super Chiller, #10) Goodnight Kiss (Goodnight Kiss, #1-2)

...And I finished off the night with Goodnight Kiss which had vampires! A couple days ago I read the sequel, then I also read the short story in the omnibus! It's not a lot of books I read this month, but I did read all of these in the last half of the month, so it's not too bad. Lol.

Favorite book of the month:

Goodnight Kiss (Goodnight Kiss, #1: Fear Street Super Chiller, #3)

Surprisingly, Goodnight Kiss was my favorite! And I say surprising because I'm just not that big a fan of vampires anymore, but this book was just a lot of fun! I really loved it!

Least favorite book of the month:

I Saw You That Night!

This book was all sorts of meh. I didn't like the characters, the mystery/thriller aspect of it was barely present, the "mystery" was meh... but I did like the setting 🤷‍♀️ Lol.

Books Reviewed in this month

Drop Dead Gorgeous

Drop Dead Gorgeous (Return to Fear Street #3) by R.L. Stine | ★★★☆☆

Other Posts



Ends today!

#7: The Dreaded Reading Slump


Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

10 comments:

  1. You did good for reading. Would you believe I have ever read an R.L. Stine book?! I should though. My kids loved the Goosebumps books. :-) Happy May, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? I used to read these all the time when I was in middle school, and I started revisiting them a couple years ago. They are so much fun to revisit!

      Delete
  2. Everything has been such an adjustment. I'm glad your mental health is in a good place right now. Be sure to take care of yourself. I haven't read R.L. Stine since I was a kid. These seem like perfect, quick reads. Hope you have a good May <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working the night shift sounds really tough. I hope you get used to the new schedule soon. You got through a nice amount of books this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty hard. And I'm off to work again tonight, so we'll see how things go 😅

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, it's been so long since I've read R.L. Stine! I miss his YA books so much! Great month for you! I'm glad that you're doing better mentally...Hopefully May will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Revisiting old Fear Street books has been a lot of fun! Highly recommend 😉

      Delete
  5. Great job on your reading. R.L. Stine books are familiar to me, but I haven't read any. Working the night shift is something I'm not sure I could do, though if it wasn't a choice, I would. Adjusting days and nights is not an easy task and I hope you are managing well. I was reading an end of humanity novel when lock down started and it ended up providing me hope. Wishing you health and safety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely taking some time to adjust, but this is not a schedule I plan to keep for a long time.

      Delete