Sunday, May 30, 2021

Monthly Wrap-Up: May 2021


This month I read 8 books and 1 short story. This is also the most I have read in a month so far this year (2921 pages!)

Books read this month:


This month I read one of my favorite books of all time, Kiss of Frost! And it was just as good this third time around! Lol. After that, I finished the Renegades trilogy and it was great! I really enjoyed that series!


I was still in that superhero mood, so I read more stuff with superheroes. Lol. The Supervillain and Me was a lot of fun and just really cute. SuperNova was meh 🤷‍♀️ Being Jamie Baker was also really cute... I loved the romance! And Jamie was snarky and I loved her!


Unfortunately, the sequel, More Than Jamie Baker was a let down 😞 This sort of killed my mood for superheroes. So I moved onto time travel... and it was fine 🤷‍♀️ I had a lot of great reads this month, but I also had a couple that were mediocre at best.

Favorite books of the month:


I read so many good books this month I had a hard time picking just one... so I picked a couple 😅 First, the Renegades series. It was just so good! Nova's internal struggle between her loyalty to the Anarchists and then working together with the Renegades... it was just really interesting! And it was a really fun world! And Being Jamie Baker was a really fun paranormal romance! I absolutely loved the romance and the characters!

Least favorite book of the month:


Unfortunately, the sequel to Being Jamie Baker was not as fun and charming as the first one. It actually made me very frustrated. I don't even know if I want to finish the trilogy.

Books reviewed this month:


Battle Field Burning (Bleach #73) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★
Broken Spirits (Scary Mary #3) by S.A. Hunter | ★★★★☆
The Death and the Strawberry (Bleach #74) by Tite Kubo | ★★★★★
Strange Girl (Scary Mary #4) by S.A. Hunter | ★★★★☆


Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
Scamming Death (Scary Mary #5) by S.A. Hunter | ★★★★☆
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer | ★★★★★
Mr. Conjure (Scary Mary #6) by S.A. Hunter | ★★★★☆

Other posts:



Let me know what your favorite read this month was and what you are looking forward to reading next month!

2 comments:

  1. I have to finish the Renegades trilogy!! You did great! Happy June!

    ReplyDelete