Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Review: Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale (The Bane Chronicles #3) by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan

Title: Vampires, Scones, and Edmund Herondale

Series/Collection: The Bane Chronicles #3

Authors: Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan

Genre: YA, urban fantasy

Publication date: June 2013

Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Source: Purchased hardcover

Add it on Goodreads

Buy the short story on: Audible

Buy the collection on: Amazon | Book Depository | Thrift Books

Synopsis: When immortal warlock Magnus Bane attends preliminary peace talks between the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders in Victorian London, he is charmed by two very different people: the vampire Camille Belcourt and the young Shadowhunter, Edmund Herondale. Will winning hearts mean choosing sides?

My rating: ★★★★★

This short story takes place in the 1850s and it is about Will Herondale’s dad and how he met Will’s mother and why he stripped his marks. It was so sad, but also very interesting.

It’s around this time when the Shadowhunters and Downworlders are starting to talk about the Accords. We also find out how the Shadowhunters (the Morgensterns in particular) REALLY feel about Downworlders. Let me tell you, it was absolutely disgusting! They remind me so much of The Cohort in The Dark Artifices, and I just hate them!

But onto more happy things! During one of these meetings is when Magnus first meets Camille, and I gotta say, I didn’t absolutely hate her! This is also when Magnus first meets Edmund Herondale...

“Excuse me, Bane?” said Roderick Morgenstern. “Are you attending?”
“I’m so sorry,” Magnus said politely. “Somebody incredibly attractive just came into the room, and I ceased to pay attention to a word you were saying.”

😂 At least he’s honest. Lol. And Edmund is just as charming as all other Herondales...

“But I am always flattered to be admired,” said Edmund, with an engaging grin. “And I am always admired.”

I’m sorry, but how are all Herondales so freaking attractive?! 😍 I don’t understand! Lol. Edmund was just so cute! I loved him! The interaction when he first met his future wife I also loved! What I didn’t love was that the relationship was very instalove-y, and we all know how much I don’t like that 😬 But they were cute and they ended up having a great life together!

This short story was SO good! It was really fun but it was also really heartbreaking because Edmund gave up being a Shadowhunter to be with the love of his life, who just so happened to be a mundane. I loved the interactions between him and Magnus, and I really liked seeing how the Accords got started. We also got to see how the Praetor Lupus was created! Oh, and I can’t forget about the fact that Edmund, too, hates ducks 😆 Look, it’s a strange Herondale thing, what can I say? Lol.



Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a link to your review or comment below! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment