Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday Post #272: Busy, Busy


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

I didn't post a Sunday Post last week cause I've been very busy being social, surprisingly! Lol. Just seeing family and hanging out. Today was more chill, but then tomorrow I got another busy day, and next weekend I'm going out of town! Very excited for that! Honestly, I don't remember when the last time I took a vacation was.

As for work, some nights are better than others. I've come to accept that nights shifts are just not for me. Luckily, I've only got two more weeks of nights before switching back to days!

What I've been watching:

All these movies are movies I watched not this week, but the week before. There were some good ones! Aftermath was a suspense movie on Netflix about a couple who just moved into a new house and then creepy things start happening. It wasn't too terrible... the premise wasn't original at all, but I like the actors! The Unholy was another generic horror movies, although the premise was interesting, I admit. Plus, John freaking Winchester was in this, so of course I had to watch it! I love Jefferey Dean Morgan! But throughout the whole movie I was like, "No! John Winchester knows better!" 😂 Till Death is a movie I was dying to see since I first heard about it, and OMG it was SO good! Megan Fox is great! She needs to be in more spooky movies! Basically, Till Death is about a couple who go off to their remote lake house to celebrate their anniversary, but things happen and Megan Fox ends up being handcuffed to the corpse of her husband. AND THEN some bad guys show up wanting to rob the place. It was a really good thriller! I actually really want to see it again!


Nobody was a pretty fun action movie about an assuming suburban dad who actually turns out to be pretty badass. It was really funny too. Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard was fine. I love the actors in the movie, but I just didn't love the movie itself. It had good action and it was funny, but some of the humor just wasn't for me. And last, I finally watched The Suicide Squad and I absolutely loved it! This is only like the second DC movie I actually really enjoyed. Lol. But I'm not one bit surprised I liked it as much as I did because I have faith in James Gunn, and I'm glad the studio let him do his thing with the movie. It was a lot of fun! And it was SO gory!! I was surprised at first, but then I remember that it was rated R AND that James Gunn has done horror things in the past (The Belko Experiment is SO good!)


Nail art of the week:


My favorite type of nail art to do is gradients. But one thing I love more than gradients is gradients on top of gradients 😆

Online

Reviews posted this week:



Other posts:

Learning Japanese

Book Haul

For Review:


I just got an ARC earlier this week and I am SO excited to read it! It's definitely gonna happen this weekend! I love Ellie Jordan! A big, big thanks to Jeff for the copy!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've been enjoying some social time! Till Death sounds pretty amazing---I'll have to check it out. And I LOVE those nails!!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes! Till Death was SO good! I need to watch it again!

      Delete