Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Review: What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything [And Who You're Not Officially Dating Anyway] (The Bane Chronicles #8) by Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan

Title: What to Buy the Shadowhunter Who Has Everything [And Who You're Not Officially Dating Anyway]

Series: The Bane Chronicles #8

Author: Cassandra Clare & Sarah Rees Brennan

Genre: YA, urban fantasy

Publication date: November 2013

Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Source: Purchased hardcover

Add it on Goodreads

Buy the short story on: Audible

Buy the collection on: Amazon | Book Depository | Thrift Books

Synopsis: Magnus Bane may or may not be dating Alec Lightwood, but he definitely needs to find him the perfect birthday present.

Set in the time between City of Ashes and City of Glass, warlock Magnus Bane is determined to find the best birthday present possible for Alec Lightwood, the Shadowhunter he may or may not be dating. And he’s also got to deal with the demon he’s conjured up for a very irritating client...

My rating: ★★★★★

This short story takes place sometime during The Mortal Instruments and Magnus is looking for a birthday gift to give Alec, but he just doesn’t know what. He asks his friend Ragnor for advice, but...

“Flattery from you makes me nervous,” said Ragnor. “It means you want something. Doubtless something awful. I am not becoming a pirate with you again, Magnus. I don’t care how much you pay me.”

HA! A throwback to the Peru story... so funny 😂 There’s even a freaking demon that gives him advice, and it’s quite hilarious.


I love this demon!

Elyass shrugged his tentacles. “I’m a demon,” he said. “I’ll curse a mermaid. I’ll curse a cocker spaniel. I don't care about anything.”

😂 He is so funny! It also seems like he’s trying really hard to be cool, which I love! He is so precious! A thing I’ve never thought about when it comes to demons. Lol.

But yeah, I loved this one! The gift that Magnus ended up getting Alec was the BEST! I loved it! 🖤


Have you read this book? If so, what did you think about it? If not, what do you think? Does it sound like something you might want to read? Leave me a link to your review or comment below! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment