Sunday, August 1, 2021

Sunday Post #271: Surviving So Far


Welcome to The Sunday Post hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, where I talk about what is going on in life and the blog, and show you all the bookish things I got that week!


What I've been doing:

I survived my first week of night shift! Only 4 more weeks to go 😅 I only worked three nights this week, so it wasn't that bad. The 3am-4am hour seems to be the hardest for me, and I'm going to be starting four nights a week this week. Wish me luck!

On my Japanese language studies side, I haven't been practicing as much as I'd like. The switch to nights really threw my schedule, but I'm gonna try and get back on it because I had been doing so well!

What I've been playing:

I started playing Power Wash Simulator again... even though I technically finished all that is out right now. Lol. It's just such a relaxing, satisfying game. So I went back and did some of my favorite locations to tide me over until the next update. And OMG I also started playing Animal Crossing again! And the only reason why is because in this most recent update they dropped a couple of new Halloween items and I was so excited! Check me out with a cute little Halloween pail full of candy 🎃


I leveled my island at the beginning of the year and I just never finished it. I realized my issue was that I have to plan things ahead of time, and I didn't when I first tore down my island. So I am going to try again, but this time I have plans!


So I made this map on Happy Island Designer and this is what it's looking like so far. Now I just have to execute it! I am SO excited to get started on it! But as you can see, there are some empty spots here and there, particularly around my campsite there on the left, but I'm hoping inspiration will strike once I get started. Although I am thinking of putting a pumpkin patch there. Oh, I didn't mention my island was going to be Halloween themed? Because it is! I don't even care that it's August... I'm ready for Autumn! Lol.

Nail art of the week:


Here is a little sneek peek at what I did yesterday on my nails... have I mentioned I love nail polish? 😉

Online

Reviews posted this week:



Other posts:

#233: Uh, IDK...

July 2021

Book Haul

For Review:


Thanks so much to Tor Nightfire and Netgalley for this one! I am super excited to read it! It sounds awesome! I also really loved this author's YA series The Ghost and the Goth, so I am looking forward to reading something a bit different from her!


How was your guy's week? Get any bookish things? Let me know in the comments below or leave me a link to your post!

No comments:

Post a Comment