Saturday, January 27, 2024

Reader Time Capsule Book Tag


The other day I saw jessethereader on YouTube do this video and I really liked the questions so I thought I'd answer them too! (I believe he came up with the questions as well.) It'll be interesting to look back at these answers a year from now.

1. What's a book you feel has impacted you the most recently?


Let's be honest, I don't tend to read impactful books. I read silly sci-fi books, and fantasy books with demons or assassins 😅 But every once in a while, one of these books will surprise me. There's some really good commentary in Crooked Kingdom about a lot of things: society, bigotry, family. And not to mention the fact that that ending would've made me cry had I not been reading this book in public 😭

2. What's the book that you've loved the most recently?


This question was hard because I have read so many good books in 2024 so far, but I have to go with Only Hard Problems. I love Jennifer Estep and I love this series. I was very excited when I found out that this book was going to be in Zane's POV because I love that character and was very interested to see things from his POV and just see why he does the things he does.

3. What style of storytelling do you love seeing explored in books?


I love seeing a plan unfold. I love when a plan goes all sorts of wrong and the characters have to improvise. And this duology is a great example of that! (And I also love a good flashback moment.)

4. What's your current favorite genre?


Idk about favorite, but the genre I'm obsessed with right now is high fantasy! Which is an extremely rare thing, but I'm embracing it! 😆 (Honestly, I blame Astrid Scholte for writing such great books lol).

5. What's your favorite format to read in?


I love a physical book! Always! But I can't deny the convenience of an ebook.

6. Show your favorite bookmark.


These Galactic Bonds bookmarks are thick and foiled and I just love them! These are the ones I've been using the most lately.

7. What do you think this year of reading will look like for you?


I feel like this year is going to be filled with a lot of genres I don't usually read: high fantasy, contemporary romance, and nonfiction. It's going to be great!


I am not tagging anyone in particular, but feel free to do it yourself if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read Crooked Kingdom, but I agree that some SFF books say a lot about the world and can definitely impact you!

    ReplyDelete