Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Most Read Authors (as of 2024)


It's time to look at my most-read authors of all time! I did this post every three years. Why? Idk, it just worked out that way. Lol. I first did this in 2015 then again in 2018, and the last time I did it was in 2021! As always, I include both full-length novels and novellas, just because it's easier that way. And ever since Goodreads got rid of the handy Most Read Authors tool (Grr, still mad about that one lol), I've been using this website to calculate these numbers! It's SO handy! Thank you to whoever created it 😭

For comparison purposes, here are the authors that made it onto my list 3 years ago:

5. J.L. Bryan & Cassandra Clare (16 books each)
4. Rick Riordan (18 books)
3. Tite Kubo (21 books)
2. Jennifer Estep (57 books)
1. R.L. Stine (98 books)

5th Place:


The way he sneaks onto this list every year cracks me up because I haven't read too many of his books in the last couple of years. I actually really need to catch up on the Apollo series and the Magnus Chase series. But apparently, I have read 23 of his books. Lol

4th Place:


Julia Huni is new on the list! I discovered her only like 2 years ago or so, but I have been flying through her books like nothing! I'm not all the way caught up yet, but I have read 31 of her books!

3rd Place:


Cassandra Clare is back with 44 books!! I love them Shadowhunters 🥰 Lol. I know some people are experiencing Shadowhunter fatigue, but I am absolutely NOT one of those people 😂

2nd Place:


And another of my favorite authors is back on the list 🥰 Jennifer Estep is a writing machine and I read every single book she releases every year. It's great! I have read 68 of her books!

1st Place:


I don't think R.L. Stine is going to be de-throned, like, ever. Lol. At this point in my life, I have read 130 of his books! 🤯 Like, how is anyone supposed to compete with that? 😂 It's ridiculous, really. Lol. But I still have a ton of Fear Street books I have yet to read, so 👀 lol.


So that is it. My most read authors.


And here are how things changed from 3 years ago:

J.L. Bryan: Off the list
Tite Kubo Off the list
Julia Huni: New on the list!
Cassandra Clare: 28 more books/novellas read since 2021.
Rick Riordan: 5 more books/novellas read since 2021.
Jennifer Estep: 11 more books/novellas read since 2021.
R.L. Stine: 32 more more books/novellas read since 2021.


Let me know who some of your most read authors are!

2 comments: