Tuesday, July 21, 2026

2026 Mid-Year Check In: Reading Stats


Uh, I thought this post went up last week... it didn't because I didn't actually finish writing it 😂 And so the blogging slump continues 😭 But we're pushing through. I at least want to do the mid-year posts, but aside from that... the blog may be quiet for a bit.



I only just started struggling with reading/blogging. But last year, the reading slump felt like it went on ALL year! This year, I have read almost double the amount of full-length novels as I did last year! So even though I'm struggling now, I'm still doing a lot better than last year. Lol.


No re-reads... until after I took these stats 😂 I have NOW re-read 3 books, but before July, nothing. Which is honestly kind of strange for me.


And here you can see when I started struggling 🥲 Going from 9 books to 4 a month was ROUGH. But still doing better than last year 😆


And here is a more detailed look at that using the number of pages I read each month.


This graph is pretty similar to last year. 200-399 pg books is my sweet spot.


This is also similar to last year. I don't read very many ARCs anymore. And that's fine with me.


Last year the ratio between ebooks and physical books was more even, but this year physical books are winning! The manga definitely help. Lol.


Similar to last year, the library remains my main source of books, followed by books I bought myself. However, this year I've read significantly more in both categories!


My goal is always to read books I have owned for a while, but then the pie chart ends up looking like this 😆 You know what? I'll take that 28%. That is not too bad.


And this year things are looking a little more even ratio-wise with this chart! I usually read way more books that are part of a series.


And this is pretty normal for me too. Another thing I strive for (and fail) is finishing more series than I start. Lol.


Last year I was struggling so much to find good books. This year, even though I don't have that many 5-star books, I have read some really good books! And nothing under 3 stars! I call that a win!


And this is the norm as well. I usually read the most recently released books.


Not that many indie books. I need to do better in this category because I used to read SO many indie published books!


This is fairly similar to last year.


You love to see it. The manga really help. Lol.


This year I have read a whole bunch more new-to-me authors! Look at me reading new things. Lol.


This is very split, but last year I also read more multiple POV books than single male/female books.


This year the chart is split a little bit more evenly down the middle. Last year I read more multiple POV books.


Oh, this one is very different! 1st person and 3rd person basically flipped from last year!


Omg, I think for the first time ever I have read more adult than YA? 😱 It's been interesting seeing how this chart in particular has been changing slowly over time from more YA to less.


I have read SO many nonfiction books this year, and I love it! 5 is a lot for me. Lol. Last year, at this time, I had only read 1.


And this is one of my favorite charts to look at. Unsurprisingly, horror is at number one! Tied with action, which is all the manga I read. Lol.


Let me know how your reading is going so far this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment